High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Work clothing, What's your favorite?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I don't know how I ever lived without my WildAss jeans with the double layer front and bachelor buttons with real suspenders! I never realized how uncomfortable a belt was until I started wearing suspenders. I can bend over again! And with the double fronts they are bulletproof, I have pretty much stopped wearing my carhart doubles! Plus UPS delivers my clothes to my front door....

X2, The buttons are worth the money in my book! Still need the 34" inseam. And they do deliver to me. ( suspenders also )

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danner Elk Ridge. Weren't exactly 100 percent waterproof, but I don't expect any leather boot to fight sloppy wet snow all day. The comfort is by far superior to any other boot I've owned out of the box. Actually slipper like. The place I got them at has 2 pair on clearance in a size 8. Haha.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dickies bib overalls and a ratty t-shirt in anything warmer than 40.
Add a hoodie or fleece jacket down to the 20s
Carhartt lined bibs and chore coat when it gets colder. Add a layer of under armor when it's real cold.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still work clothes from all lines: Function, Ergo & Dynamic

Most of the time i wear Stihl Flex pants or Stihl X Climb. Just ordered the Tree pants must be good it’s their most expensive line. Will see.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Through the summer months I wear el cheapo Wrangler cargo pants, t-shirt, wool socks.

Winters here are pretty mild, typically thin base layer and a hoodie, .mil issue fleece beanie if below 40, same el cheapo Wrangler pants, wool socks.

Winter back home was union suit or split thermals, wool socks (merino under thick), long sleeve t shirt, insulated hoodie, Carhartt logger jeans or duck work pants. When cold; Carhartt Arctic coat, Arctic lined bibs

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For extreme cold, heavy Carhartt coat and bibs, over flannel bottoms.
Down to around 20*, Lee jeans or Duluth fire hose pants and a sweatshirt under a game hide jacket. Game hide is like neoprene but breathes. Light, wind proof and warm.
Gore Tex bibs and hooded jacket in the rain.
Sorel Caribou boots for cold and snow.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me its layers of ploy-fleece or marino wool. Carhartt jeans. Typically a ratty old Carhartt hoodie, insulated bibs and jacket.
Lacrosse ice king or extreme pft boots (which they dont make anymore) depending on activity level.
Once it drops below zero, my wife makes me text her every hour when I'm out working so she knows im not frozen.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to buy Carhartt pants, but the damn things would rip too easily. Tore out the crotch on a brand new pair once. The double knee ones were the worst... they rip right along the top seam of the double knee area, well before the rest of the pants were even close to wearing out.

Lately I’ve been buying the Riggs pants made by Wrangler. They even have RipStop so they don’t tear all the way out like the Carhartts if you get a little hole or rip. Plus they are $5-10 cheaper than Carhartt.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For cold weather I focus on base layers. You get the right base layer on then it doesnt matter what you wear on your outer layer. My go to material is Merino wool. I have different weight long sleeve under shirts, long under wear and boot sox. Do NOT put those on over any cotton (except maybe undies), they need to be against you skin. Then I'll wear just a t-shirt or long sleeve cotton shirt, maybe both if its cold, a hoodie then a Carhartt jacket. The jacket wont last long if your moving much. I wear a pair of jean pants then a pair of Carhartt insulated bibs. I like my hoodie over my bibs in case I need to take it off. For my feet, I'm usually wearing a pair of the rubber Husqvarna logger boots with felt liners.
If its nasty out I wear a neoprene face mask made by Gator.
Screenshot_20181229-232732_Chrome.jpg

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What type/brand /style of merino long underwear do you like?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What type/brand /style of merino long underwear do you like?
I'm not very brand loyal. I have found the Superfine Merino wool is soft and very comfortable. I have lots of if made by Minus 33. The superfine has a smaller fiber making it much more comfortable than normal wool. You can read about it here. https://www.minus33.com/wool-properties/

My sox are mainly Wigwam and RedHead.

When I'm not doing work that requires the Carhartt insulated bibs I have been skipping the long underwear and wearing flannel lined Carhartt pants. I just got a pair of Wrangler Riggs for xmas that are fleece lined and have thinsilate. They seem much warmer than the flannel lined.

Last edited: