Work clothing, What's your favorite?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guessing here that you're wearing rubber boots. These keep your feet nice and dry. Outside of these can be soaked with sweat, but you're socks will be dry. No guff. SS

View attachment 53052
I got something similar too those. Never tried them. My dad baught them and loved them and got me some too.
4c7947a90cd65693219041fd38d3484a.jpg

Those were his i dont wear a size 13. Only 10 lol.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't like those tight ultra warm garments, they usually cost way to much for my budget any way. Years ago Walmart sold a very light under garment called Winterlites , haven't seen them for years other then I have 1 shirt left that is about done for. I searched the internet couple years ago but never found that light style, there were winterlites but they looked thicker and tighter.
Most my favorite cloths come 2nd hand, store or ebay. I like loose wool or acrylic shirts, I wear about any pants, if they are to light I have Carhart unlined bibs to put over them and underneath anything from cotton longjohns to flannel pajama bottoms although I prefer wool if I expect to be out all day in the cold. Cold weather I like insulated nylon shelled jackets or Gortex. Milder winter days a jean jacket or shirt over a flannel and under garment. Also wear flannel lined jean pants frequently in cold weather. I don't care what clothing is wore, if it is to tight, I''ll get cold. I used to put 2 pair socks on and crowd my feet, they'd be freezing in 15 20 minutes of frozen ground. Now I buy larger shoes and rarely use more then 1 pair of socks..They might not last as some socks, but I like diabetic socks for better blood circulation. They seem to breath well and stay dry good to.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm let me think about this. See my name...... I even have a brown duck jacket for my Chessie.
I shop Sierra Trading post a lot. They maybe irregulars but after a cpl wks you will never find the problem through all the stains.

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love me some Carrhart. Made in Detroit, U.S.A. My S.I.L. worked for them for while and used to get me clothes on her discount. She absolutely loved working for that company. Unfortunately, it was always a limited contract. Great company!

That said, Arborwear is usually more comfortable for moving around in, but WAY more expensive unless on sale.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have interest in trying the Duluth fire hose pants. I also like the look of the Arborwear double thick sweatshirt. I will speak highly of my most recent purchase of Danner boots. Cant believe it took me this long to try Danner.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love me some Carrhart. Made in Detroit, U.S.A. My S.I.L. worked for them for while and used to get me clothes on her discount. She absolutely loved working for that company. Unfortunately, it was always a limited contract. Great company!

That said, Arborwear is usually more comfortable for moving around in, but WAY more expensive unless on sale.

When I started wearing them most where made in USA. Unfortunately most aren't made here anymore. Hopefully that can all change again. A semi self sufficient country would be refreshing.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have interest in trying the Duluth fire hose pants. I also like the look of the Arborwear double thick sweatshirt. I will speak highly of my most recent purchase of Danner boots. Cant believe it took me this long to try Danner.

I have switched to the Duluth fire hose flex pants and they are great. Best to buy them on sale.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have taken a liking to the Wild Ass jeans that Bailey's sells with the suspender buttons on them. The only problem with them is they don't come in a 34" inseam.
Yes, I don't know how I ever lived without my WildAss jeans with the double layer front and bachelor buttons with real suspenders! I never realized how uncomfortable a belt was until I started wearing suspenders. I can bend over again! And with the double fronts they are bulletproof, I have pretty much stopped wearing my carhart doubles! Plus UPS delivers my clothes to my front door....

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What model Danner boots did you get?