dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be nice. I've searched lots of places and never found anything beyond basic tuning guides I'd like to see a trouble shooting guide or a cause & effect guide to tuning. Like if your saw dies when you let off the throttle after a cut, try turning the H screw out a little to richen it up.
If it does a 'cough n die' when you hit the throttle after idling a few seconds, try..........

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be nice. I've searched lots of places and never found anything beyond basic tuning guides I'd like to see a trouble shooting guide or a cause & effect guide to tuning. Like if your saw dies when you let off the throttle after a cut, try turning the H screw out a little to richen it up.
If it does a 'cough n die' when you hit the throttle after idling a few seconds, try..........
L speed screw.

bucketofguts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like playing Lp's. Lots of tuning the tone arm and cart to get it just right. Need some tools to really nail it. When I was racing ATV's 650 cc and under. My mechanic always said you cant just go race. You have to "TUNE" it son if you want it to run. They are some good videos. I have always wanted to tune in the wood. If it will idle around spec, quick to get one the pipe, and 4-stroke out of the cut. You are pretty much there. I use a Tach. Hearing loss is no fun and is cumulative. Building houses, loud music, racing, Loud firearms, least forget power saws.Whoever put little flat head screws on a shaking motor to tune it never thought of all the wonderful things that happen when you get long in the tooth. My hand shakes just enough to match my 028 AV Super. My easiest saw to tune that never needs it. Ain't that some *s-word! Learn to read a plug, and don't use a impact to tighten one Good Day!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some would have to charge extra for tuning talk...

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're very picky with tuning, you should go Mtronic or autotune... I've found out most of the saw would tune good today but not tomorrow if weather changed. I learned to live with it.