What? No bandsaw milling threads?

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad has a bandsaw mill. He’s been stockpiling blades to sharpen for years but so far he just buys new ones. I think they’re about $25 each and he can usually get 500BF before they dull. I think the place he gets them is in Tennessee or Georgia. He’s up in WV.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandson and I bought a bandsaw yesterday. The Woodland Mills HM122 with an extra section of track. I was wondering who else here had bandsaw mills. I'm gonna need sharping tips and stuff.
get woodmizer blades
most usually not worth the time sharpening unless you have the setup
My dad has a bandsaw mill. He’s been stockpiling blades to sharpen for years but so far he just buys new ones. I think they’re about $25 each and he can usually get 500BF before they dull. I think the place he gets them is in Tennessee or Georgia. He’s up in WV.
what part of wv

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what I thought…I thought a lot of them have the heat treated teeth that don’t take too well to sharpening.
A fella on the YouTubes has a video on touching them up with a chainsaw chain grinder. He thinks it helps. LOL

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A fella on the YouTubes has a video on touching them up with a chainsaw chain grinder. He thinks it helps. LOL
If you can rig up a way to do it with a grinder, you would likely have some success. I think you would ruin a file trying to sharpen those hardened teeth.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can rig up a way to do it with a grinder, you would likely have some success. I think you would ruin a file trying to sharpen those hardened teeth.
Diamond file works but there are a lot of teeth on a BSM blade.
There are several sharpening tools similar to this available from BSM manufacturers. Dad has one collecting dust in the loft of his shop. He’s going to set it up someday…

I’ll ask him where he gets his blades. Seems like a heck of a deal.

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad has a bandsaw mill. Just a cheap (if 6g's is cheap) from one of our hardware tool stores. He set it up with a tractor and put it on the ground at first. He then made a trailer for it so he can tow it around. It's much easier than using a Granburg chainsaw mill and less waste.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandson and I bought a bandsaw yesterday. The Woodland Mills HM122 with an extra section of track. I was wondering who else here had bandsaw mills. I'm gonna need sharping tips and stuff.
I have this same chain sharpener
If I get a mill I'm going to make a channel for the bands to slide though to be sharpened

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have this same chain sharpener
If I get a mill I'm going to make a channel for the bands to slide though to be sharpened
I have a chain grinder....I figured I could find a way to use that.