Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store DHS Online Store

Which dremel to buy?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by ruimglopes, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ruimglopes

ruimglopes Active OPE Member

Thanks for the input AI :) I think I'm going to invest on a Foredom, I just liked it a lot, it seems practical and the reversibility in rotation is a big big plus. I'm not rich, but money spent on quality tools is not wasted money, I think :)

And I totally agree with what you said, porting should be done carefully and slowly, if you cut off too much, well, you know the rest. I'll go easy on the foot pedal :)

Tor R, mdavlee and Dub11 like this.
  2. Al Smith

Al Smith Pinnacle OPE Member

A lot of times faster rotating speed is not to your advantage .Depending on what design of burr you might be just loading it up because it can't clear the chips .I compare the die grinder to a multi axis hand held milling machine .
    It's a learned skill .Some get it some fight with it ,You have to pay attention weather you are "down" milling or "up " milling with the action of the tool .Up milling it can get away from you and possibly bend the shank then you have a problem faster than you can react to .In some instances you might have to use a mirror which will really screw you up because everything is back a$$wads .

Tor R and ruimglopes like this.
  3. Al Smith

Al Smith Pinnacle OPE Member

Another thing ,you have to have a good source of light to see what you are doing .I have several itty bitty little flash lights that will fit in a 14 MM spark plug hole that use xenon bulbs .I think the brand name is "Stylus'' .I got them at work ,freebies .
    If you get tired take a break ,have a cup of coffee,drink a beer have a smoke if you do .You're dealing with eye strain and a lot of stress on the poor old fingers .If you don't get it all done in a day sleep on it WTH .If you are new to it find a junk cylinder and give it a go .Most likely any saw shop will give you a few for nothing .

Tor R and ruimglopes like this.
  4. ruimglopes

ruimglopes Active OPE Member

I appreciate all the good advice :)

Tor R and Dub11 like this.
  5. Dolkitafreak

Dolkitafreak Dolkita686

I have both the dremel 4000 4300 and the HF foredom, I got the foredom to run my ccspecialty hand piece, I prefer the foredom in every instance except for when using cutting wheels, the speed of the dremel is nice for that.

Tor R likes this.
  6. srcarr52

srcarr52 We can't stop here, th1s is bat country!

There are some knock off foredom 220v models for pretty cheap.

Tor R likes this.