What's on your bench?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, question for all you guys. I got a 044 12mm case on my bench, and I just pulled the seal on the clutch side. Even though all the balls are in place, and the bearing is smooth, the nylon race has a crack through it (may have done it when I pulled the seal).

That means it should be replaced, correct?

Thanks, in advance.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK, question for all you guys. I got a 044 12mm case on my bench, and I just pulled the seal on the clutch side. Even though all the balls are in place, and the bearing is smooth, the nylon race has a crack through it (may have done it when I pulled the seal).

Thanks, in advance.
For sure

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks, in advance.
Yep split that case and put some good ones in it.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got my Kawi parts for the JD 737 mower. Going to start rebuilding that turd.

Also got a 455 Rancher dumped on me this morning. “The chain is all stretched, chain never stops turning even at an idle and it randomly shuts off” Well, that’s because the sprocket bearing is GONE. Literally nothing left of it; cage is gone remnants of a couple rollers are still there and it looks like the crank is scored up pretty bad. Dropping trees into a sand pit and limbing/bucking them in loose sand with an overtightnened chain will do that to a saw.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Echo CS-590, Husqy 455 Rancher, Husqy 440, Stihl 290->390 conversion make up his saw stable.......

They utilize excavator to push/pull entire tree over with root ball then buck it. No stumping. Logs go in one tri-axle, stumps and limbs go in another.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took the 044 12mm crank I got and put it in an Asian case. Transferred the OEM chain adjuster from the 044 case, but could not get the oiler to fit the Asian case, so the Asian oil pump went in. They have been working fine for me so far. Also installed a set of 460 bar studs, the band for the chain brake, and the clutch.

Just have to cut the key and install the flywheel, and install the rubber AV mounts + dog and she will be ready to go to the Doctors for a special P+C!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took the 044 12mm crank I got and put it in an Asian case. Transferred the OEM chain adjuster from the 044 case, but could not get the oiler to fit the Asian case, so the Asian oil pump went in. They have been working fine for me so far. Also installed a set of 460 bar studs, the band for the chain brake, and the clutch.

Just have to cut the key and install the flywheel, and install the rubber AV mounts + dog and she will be ready to go to the Doctors for a special P+C!
Hhuuuummm sounds very interesting.:icon_popcorn:

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back at it. My Excited Racing chinese motor came in. This is a 50cc motor compared to the ms210 "35cc motor?" Needless to say ill be suprised if i get it back together being my first Stihl and i took it apart prob 3 weeks ago. They seem to have a lot more parts than when i did my last couple huskys. image.jpgI am slightly concerned with the surface rust on the crank already......image.jpgand the rod......
image.jpg Cylinder looks good but im not an expert...image.jpg

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back at it. My Excited Racing chinese motor came in. This is a 50cc motor compared to the ms210 "35cc motor?" Needless to say ill be suprised if i get it back together being my first Stihl and i took it apart prob 3 weeks ago. They seem to have a lot more parts than when i did my last couple huskys. View attachment 137277I am slightly concerned with the surface rust on the crank already......View attachment 137278and the rod......
View attachment 137279 Cylinder looks good but im not an expert...View attachment 137280
Just lightly hit the crank with some fine scotch bright should be OK cylinder from the picture looks good I'm guessing that's a ms310 cylinder kit.