Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those rubber bumpers are there as well....attached to the cases

The limiter bolts are designed with flat ends specifically to not wear the tank. I would have thought there would be rubber over them...like on the 346xp. ..but nope...not in this case. These bolts are often missing on these saws. I like to have a complete saw if possible :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to have a rubber bumper setup for the 394 ... like the 346xp/350/455 rancher limiters.... where the rubber bumper is a cap over the blunt end screw, but nope. not on the 394.

the fuel line is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure on the 394 it'd help any. it'd need to "cap" the end of the screw I think....which means you need a molded piece of rubber.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those rubber bumpers are there as well....attached to the cases

The limiter bolts are designed with flat ends specifically to not wear the tank. I would have thought there would be rubber over them...like on the 346xp. ..but nope...not in this case. These bolts are often missing on these saws. I like to have a complete saw if possible :)

Newer 394 and 395 cases have a spot for the limiter 1/2 way up on the rear edge of the case where the pin is fully encased by the tank so it limits in all directions.

Don't worry about covering them with rubber, I've never seen one even close to wearing through a tank.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Newer 394 and 395 cases have a spot for the limiter 1/2 way up on the rear edge of the case where the pin is fully encased by the tank so it limits in all directions.
nice pic Kevin

Thanks Shaun, yeah, the amount of force between the tip of the limiter and the tank is tiny ...no matter how much you lean on it. as long as the end is flat, it won't puncture into the tank

The pocket in the tank is deeper than the pin limiter, so you'd really have to screw up to get the pin tip to touch.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agree, I have cleaned up worse. Strange it is off center like that, does it have an air leak?
I pressure checked it and it had a leak around the cylinder base. Three loose bolts. Tighten them up and it would slow down but not stop. And btw I love the mastermind method. Look at it now. 20 moms after I got it off83607401-D391-440C-AB26-D949C7C525BD.jpeg