What's on your bench?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not really on my bench, but more on my dads old bench, which I guess is mine now.
I unfortunately inherited this saw almost 3 weeks ago. Been home helping my mom cleaning up and reorganizing for a while.
It’s a Jo-Bu saw. I haven’t had a chance to really look at it much, so I don’t know the model or anything yet. It does say Made In Norway, which is cool. Jo-Bu went the same way Jonsered just did. Bought up by Electrolux a long time ago, and then gone.

View attachment 100291 View attachment 100292 View attachment 100293 View attachment 100294 View attachment 100295
cool saw Sondre.
We the norwegian should own one Jobu ;)
I think I got two, one I got from a friend and one after my dad, none of them is going anywhere.
Maybe we need to start one Jobu thread Sondre?
Btw, none of mine is looking so great as your Jobu :)

View attachment 100410
Chocolate chip peppermint pinwheel cookies
yummy, are they on way over the pond by now Joe? :D

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buffing out the hood on the simplicity. Teens for temp in the garage tonight so I'll be working in my shop. Guy must have liked driving through branches. Lots of scratches. Began with 1500 and wet sanded. Finished first round with the 3m compound.image.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 100410
Chocolate chip peppermint pinwheel cookies
My Grandma used to make Cowboy cookies. Chocolate chips and red hots.

Buffing out the hood on the simplicity. Teens for temp in the garage tonight so I'll be working in my shop. Guy must have liked driving through branches. Lots of scratches. Began with 1500 and wet sanded. Finished first round with the 3m compound.View attachment 100434
Around here lawn mower hoods get pitched with a quickness lol.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cool saw Sondre.
We the norwegian should own one Jobu ;)
I think I got two, one I got from a friend and one after my dad, none of them is going anywhere.
Maybe we need to start one Jobu thread Sondre?
Btw, none of mine is looking so great as your Jobu :)
I Think a JoBu thread would be great Tor! I’m surprised there isn’t one here already.
Who better to start one than us Norwegians!
While I’m here in Norway I’m going to look for a few old saws to keep here. My uncle has a lot of land and logs in the winter. I’m going to ask him and his friends if they have any old saws kicking around. Never know what you might find.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looks great Doc!!!

Question, when you lathe out the squish band, how do you do so you can reach the corner against the plating wall?
The boring bar’s cutter sticks out, about 1/8” away from the bar itself. I’ll get a pic in a minute.

After you get the jug all squared up, a process that take me about 30 min all in, you find the side wall of the jug, set that as zero, go up to the band, set that as zero in the other axis, the back off both and turn lathe on.

Next I bring cuter to band at -.001, then pull bar back into sidewall -.003. Then I bring boring bar down into band and start to cut, generally .010 until the final cut, which is .003. Remember, this is all happening above the top ring. So an extra .003 of space won’t hurt a thing.

One things for sure. Until you start to cut bands on a lathe, you don’t realize that the factory bands are off. The bore is generally perfectly square to the jug base, but the side walls of the jug where the plating ends and the band itself are routinely out by .001-.002.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking about keeping the husky pair. But I dont collect and can use any 60cc saw.
Have to many of those size anyways.

Mahle cyl versions with decomps do not impress me whatsoever. First 262 that has made me say wow stock.