Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ribs with a Carolina rub, Just before they went on the smoker.
View attachment 242619
Getting ready to put these on the grill and pull the ribs and beans off of the smoker.
View attachment 242621

What can you tell me about the beans? My best friend in college was from rural Maine. She made some great baked beans from scratch and taught me the basics. I just made about 16 quarts the other day. Do you make them scratch in the smoker, or do you just smoke them for a while for flavor? Just like that in an open pan?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What can you tell me about the beans? My best friend in college was from rural Maine. She made some great baked beans from scratch and taught me the basics. I just made about 16 quarts the other day. Do you make them scratch in the smoker, or do you just smoke them for a while for flavor? Just like that in an open pan?
I use canned beans, Bushs, and add to them. I put them on the smoker at the same time as the meat, in an open pan. I've had scratch made beans. They were great but I didn't have an opportunity to talk to the person who made them, to get the recipe.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

baked beans take 3 days . just takes time.

If you guys would like to share the process, I'd love to learn.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Navy beans would make good aggregate for concrete. Tough ass little bean. Soaking the beans overnight definitely helps shorten the cook time.

using a pressure cooker also will reduce time invested.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Navy beans would make good aggregate for concrete. Tough ass little bean. Soaking the beans overnight definitely helps shorten the cook time.

using a pressure cooker also will reduce time invested.
We cook black beans in broth in the pressure cooker all the time. Seasoned right and damn they are good