Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will tell you that if you come across some John Henry rubs or sauces you should try them. East Texas based southern BBQ. I’m in love with the Butter Pecan. The sauce has some molasses in it and it is spectacular.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will tell you that if you come across some John Henry rubs or sauces you should try them. East Texas based southern BBQ. I’m in love with the Butter Pecan. The sauce has some molasses in it and it is spectacular.
They are some good seasonings/rubs.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are some good seasonings/rubs.

Have a local bbq shop that has a huge selection of sauces and rubs. It was one that they recommended. I am very happy and will try another some time. Have my eye on a couple of local rubs for some beef that I want to pick up next.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a local bbq shop that has a huge selection of sauces and rubs. It was one that they recommended. I am very happy and will try another some time. Have my eye on a couple of local rubs for some beef that I want to pick up next.
...ain’t nuthin’ like trying different stuff. Some are damn fine, some ain’t worth a *s-wordt. All about trial and error. You’ll figure it out as you try different rubs/sauces.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...ain’t nuthin’ like trying different stuff. Some are damn fine, some ain’t worth a *s-wordt. All about trial and error. You’ll figure it out as you try different rubs/sauces.

At some point I’m going to need someone to send me some of the Cavender’s Greek spice you were talking about the other day. Haven’t found it anywhere up here.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t get any pics after cutting up the baby backs...they got gone quick. A heap quicker than I thought.

To be honest with ya...I mixed two different dry rubs on the baby back ribs...let em sit in the shop fridge overnight before they hit the Traeger today. It was a gamble with a chipotle rub, and a Memphis rub...combined.

Three racks of baby backs got gone...quick like. Just a gamble on the rub, stupid *s-wordt, it worked I guess. Wasn't nothin’ but clean bones, gnawed down to nothin’, on everybody’s plate.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At some point I’m going to need someone to send me some of the Cavender’s Greek spice you were talking about the other day. Haven’t found it anywhere up here.

My grandma sold Cavender's in the 80's and she used to make a BBQ chicken recipe with it, lemon juice, and a little honey that was really good. Cavender's isn't overbearing like some other blends.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandma sold Cavender's in the 80's and she used to make a BBQ chicken recipe with it, lemon juice, and a little honey that was really good. Cavender's isn't overbearing like some other blends.
Good deal...