Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Outstanding!

Shared half a roast with a co-worker of mine for 29years + for lunch today.

He called me after he ate and was like man I never had any deer roast like that before. Tell the wife A+++++.

It is that unreal IMO. You wouldnt have a clue you were eating deer at all. No gamey taste etc.
We have served it to folks at dinners that had no clue and said they wouldnt eat no deer meat.
What also cool the way it is cooked you can add baby carrots, new potatoes etc and cook with it at same time.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

He called me after he ate and was like man I never had any deer roast like that before. Tell the wife A+++++.

It is that unreal IMO. You wouldnt have a clue you were eating deer at all. No gamey taste etc.
We have served it to folks at dinners that had no clue and said they wouldnt eat no deer meat.
What also cool the way it is cooked you can add baby carrots, new potatoes etc and cook with it at same time.
Sounds great. Similar story...when my oldest son graduated in 09 he wanted a pig roast at his open house. The pig had been on the cooker for 5 hours, and my neighbor brought over a venison hind quarter. We deboned it, and stuffed and wrapped it with bacon and garlic. There's 2 cages inside the hood of the pig roaster just for this kind of thing. We pulled it after about 1.5 hours. People were asking us where we got the prime rib

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So...........you gonna share the recipe?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do wonder about the amounts used after the soup mix. :confused:

If someone needs me to ask let me know. Dont know myself. :p

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do wonder about the amounts used after the soup mix. :confused:

If someone needs me to ask let me know. Dont know myself. :p
Thanks for the recipe.
I'll be giving it a try.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likewise, do you just wing it on the cook time or do you go for a certain internal temp?

2-3 hrs seems vague, maybe that's depending on size of roast?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Daughter came home from college again this wknd and spent the whole afternoon with me. Had six boneless, skinless chicken breasts...stripped out two for some deep fryer tenders, the other four hit the grill after being marinated in Italian dressing for a few hours. She wanted corn as well so I slicked up a skillet of whole kernel and cream-style corn seasoned with Lords country side meat.
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looking good Jason. My daughter was home from Wednesday until yesterday also, So we had some fresh picked green beans and new potatoes with BBQ chicken.

Attachments

• 100_0900.JPG
    100_0900.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0901.JPG
    100_0901.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 15

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Jason. My daughter was home from Wednesday until yesterday also, So we had some fresh picked green beans and new potatoes with BBQ chicken.
That looks fine Charlie. I know you were glad to see and spend time with your daughter. My daughter will be back next for 9 days when they're out for the Thanksgiving holiday. Counting the days already...

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cleaned the rest of my garden today, man what a long hot summer, decided to go ahead and roast some poppers, they's be freaking hot!poppers.JPG

1 beer per 2 poppers, they's are hot, probably regret it tomorrow!