USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cube steak, venison style. I usually just butterfly slice the fat end of the loins and cook them just about like cube steaks, have done this for 30 years and I just love em. It takes awhile the way I do it. Will soak them overnight in milk, then flour and fry about 4 minutes a side, then let them set in the oven for about an hour at 160. I always save and freeze black morels just specifically for this meal, it is so awesome...you do not need a knife for these, and they just melt in your mouth.

View attachment 37136
Looks fine!!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Charlie, we need to get you grilling.
It's easy, fun, a good excuse to drink beer and you get to eat some pretty good chit.

Thanks Steve. I know that I need to use the grill again, As you and Jason know that I have a new one in the shed that I have not used since daddy passed in 2006, other than treat coyote traps with it, It will take a lot of work to clean the damn thing up now. Also there is no one here but me any more, So not much need for a grill, Mamma not here everyday you know.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Jason.
I also made some smoked, twice baked Potato's, that Steve (svk) gave me a link to. They were outstanding. My wife isn't a big carb eater but ate one and half of another.
View attachment 37636

When you send the link to those to Jason can you send me the link too?

Those look really good

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Steve. I know that I need to use the grill again, As you and Jason know that I have a new one in the shed that I have not used since daddy passed in 2006, other than treat coyote traps with it, It will take a lot of work to clean the damn thing up now. Also there is no one here but me any more, So not much need for a grill, Mamma not here everyday you know.

What do you use a grill for for treating traps?

The only land trapping I do is coon, and that's only trail sets with 220's. I generally only focus on muskrats and mink. All I do for 110's and 220's is dye them.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grill rusted out. The whole bottom sorta fell out all at once. :)

I had my wife grab a cheap piece of crap for the steaks I was gonna cook. I gotta get a new one....

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grill rusted out. The whole bottom sorta fell out all at once. :)

I had my wife grab a cheap piece of crap for the steaks I was gonna cook. I gotta get a new one....

Charcoal or gas?
I have and use both (for various occasions). Should we at this point make grill recommendations for Moobs? :D

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you send the link to those to Jason can you send me the link too?

Those look really good
Here's the link. I initially baked the potato's in the oven, just to save time. When I scooped out the skins, I left a bit of meat (like if you were making Potato skins) then put the skins back on the smoker for about 20 minutes. I also heated them up, on the smoker, prior to serving.
http://www.grilled.net/smoked-twice-baked-potatoes/2/

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the link. I initially baked the potato's in the oven, just to save time. When I scooped out the skins, I left a bit of meat (like if you were making Potato skins) then put the skins back on the smoker for about 20 minutes. I also heated them up, on the smoker, prior to serving.
http://www.grilled.net/smoked-twice-baked-potatoes/2/
That does look pretty tasty. Good job

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A gas grill?

Never.....ever....

Charcoal only for me.

I have a weber kettle, a big ugly pig cooker, and a gas grill. I like the pig cooker (but I use it to cook for large groups).
Charcoal is a great method. The Weber kettle is not a bad choice. I have even started researching Pellet grills. Would be
interested to know what the cooking guys here thought about them.