Oddsandends

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm personally a big fan of Bosch and Makita. I think Bosch is slightly better than Makita although, Bosch, unfortunately, has a smaller, and less diverse lineup of tools.

Tell me your favorites.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Milwaukee, but got screwed when they went to Lithium and suddenly repair parts for NiCd powered tools were discontinued. Then lots of people got screwed when the Chinese bought them, sold junk batteries and failed to honor the warranty. They may make the best battery powered chainsaw, but I'm not buying it just to have the batteries die in under 9 months. Screw them.

The only Bosch I have are corded, all are excellent.

Last edited:

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Milwaukee, but got screwed when they went to Lithium and overnight NiCd repair parts were discontinued. Then lots of people got screwed when the Chinese bought them, sold junk batteries and failed to honor the warranty. Screw them.

The only Bosch I have are corded, all are excellent.
I’ve heard lots of complaints about warranty and batteries. I’ve never had an issue with warranty. Batteries I’ve had fail within a year and warranty replaced then no problem. I keep my receipts which is probably why I don’t have warranty issues. Plus my friend runs a tool business so he takes care of my warranty items or I’ll drive straight to the Milwaukee tool center that is near me

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makita for me, just like my dad used.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Milwaukee makes the widest variety of power tools, which makes them the most versatile with a single battery platform. I have a mixture of their 12v and 18v tools, and a single charger that handles both. Their tools are powerful, light, tough, and reliable. Can’t ask for any more convenience or support than they offer…

As far as corded, Milwaukee made some of the most powerful and reliable sawzall’s and drill on the market. Still a fan.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have Makita, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Porter Cable, HF, Dewalt, and probably a few more. Seems like Makita keeps a charge better. I’ve had bad luck with Craftsman and Kobalt. Not much difference in the rest. My son’s Ryobi won hold a charge for very long. I’m not a brand snob.