High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

USPS broke a saw I shipped???

bmwpowere36m3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We use FedEx at work (aircraft manufacturer) and the carrier shows up twice a day. He casually grabs packages and throws them down onto his dolly/cart. Inside the building, we all can see it... no shame or care. To think any carrier handles your package like a newborn his foolish.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had that thing running great with a 359 carb set up, muffler mod and everything tweaked perfectly, from now on 2" of styrofoam all around entire saw

That`s right, anything less and its likely to be damaged, all sides,top and bottom of the shipping box needs this. I have shipped saws world wide since 07 and have yet to have one broken or a bar lost. Bars are the worst for breaking free inside a box if they are not also properly padded. As for getting money from the PO, takes a very long time and not often ever get back what its insured for, they always use the escape clause of," it was not properly packaged for shipping".

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think maybe labeling out packages would be a good help. Hell is toss a package too if I thought it was just golf balls or clothes or somthing that wouldn't break Likely lots of really caring people do work for those companies. Always gonna be a Fukup or twenty working for any company. Damn shame about the saw but I've seen threads at random sites bashing every carrier pack yer stuff best ya can is really all you can do fragile stickers. Hope some respectful folk handle your stuff.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Local Fedex driver was caught throwing packages over a over pass onto a bank area and coming back later to get them.

Never saw that coming from the guy. Was a youth soccer coach and youth baseball coach.

Just goes to show you just dont really know folks dark sides.

I hate a fing THIEF! ;)

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fragile stickers, glass stickers don`t mean a dam thing to the shippers, just like putting a, this side up sticker on a package, they don`t care is the buzz word among them. I even have relatives working for them and they just laugh when I bring up the subject, they just don`t care!! Throw, toss, kick, bounce, nothing off their hide when stuff arrives broke, they just don`t care and will tell you so.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thief that got my lil echo was probably pissed, thought they was snagging a new 455 rancher not some junk echo...

Don't ship in saw boxes either.

Big red flag right there!! Don`t ship a saw in a saw box, I have had 3 saws lost,(stolen), when shipped to me in a real saw box. The boxes were all Stihl PRO saw boxes and the thieves watch for such items, very easy to sell or fence such items.

Last edited:

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
U just never think of a saw being fragile, takes an awful hard hit to break one.

Just have to double box and styrofoam from now on.

Went to post office to ask what to do, they said it is all on line, good luck!!!

It was packed pretty well, bubble wrap, extra card board, paper stuffed to make it tight.

It must have been dropped or thrown to bust that piece.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a few saws shipped in the original box. Never had a problem. Saws are shipped to dealers in the original box.
Through the mail? Do you know who the PO has driving the delivery trucks? Well up here in Canada it was investigated and found that the PO was hiring out to just about anyone with a license to drive a truck. They found many ex cons were driving said vehicles, I let you visualize the rest.

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chit happens. Surely there's something better to talk about?

Trying to see if anyone has good advice relevant to pursuing compensation.

If you aren't interested in my post, don't read it. Really don't need your snarky comments.

I find most of the responses here pretty helpful, yours, not so much.