• Poll closed .

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone interested in a nice Stihl 029? Runs excellent. Piston and cylinder look brand new. I am the original owner.
All original OEM.
Only thing done was a muffler mod, and carb retune. And regular maintenance along the way. New air filters, spark plugs, fuel filters, new fuel line a year or 3 back, bars and chains.
$25?

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a saw that did something similar. Turned out the fuel line had a thin spot from a rub and was sucking air.

I had a fuel line collapse on my 372 that acted like that -- right where it goes through the hole from tank up to carb area. New line from dealer not from factory solved issue. I had heard also that some factory lines were prone to this... I could be wrong though. All I know is it was a simple fix -- hope your 394 is the same. I'll bet someone at the GTG could figure out your saw pretty quick! Good luck!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Teaser, Mcculloch 101B in a 797 chassis. Been wanting to build one in this chassis for quite
sometime. Just finished assembling it and waiting on a new race carb for it. Hope to have
it running for the gtg.

Lee if there was a chainsaw gathering equivalent of the Pebble Beach Concours D Elegance you would win it every year... ;)

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a fuel line collapse on my 372 that acted like that -- right where it goes through the hole from tank up to carb area. New line from dealer not from factory solved issue. I had heard also that some factory lines were prone to this... I could be wrong though. All I know is it was a simple fix -- hope your 394 is the same. I'll bet someone at the GTG could figure out your saw pretty quick! Good luck!
Now that you say that, it's likely mine was doing the exact same thing. The hose rubbed thin and was between the tank and carb. I think I put a hole in it when I went to remove it and tugged it, it ripped open. It never occurred to me that it was collapsing and not sucking air. Good call.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that you say that, it's likely mine was doing the exact same thing. The hose rubbed thin and was between the tank and carb. I think I put a hole in it when I went to remove it and tugged it, it ripped open. It never occurred to me that it was collapsing and not sucking air. Good call.

Here's a picture of the "dent" in the line... wasn't breached and leaking air or anything... just compressed in at that spot and vacuum was likely collapsing it when saw was working hardest under load:

fuel_line_clipped.jpg