Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your gunna have to spell this one out for me

In theroy (I have heard this being done on tight twisty import intake manifolds)

You should be able to take a hard cased flexible cable (speedometer cable) wrap it with sand paper, hold one end in the foredom, thread it through the transfer, use the plastic cap the secure the other end.

Hit the pedal, floss it back and fourth until you achieve desired contours.

Should work really well in dual port jugs.

Being the cable will follow somewhat of an arc, you can open/smooth the entire tunnel the way you want..

Food for thought.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In theroy (I have heard this being done on tight twisty import intake manifolds)

You should be able to take a hard cased flexible cable (speedometer cable) wrap it with sand paper, hold one end in the foredom, thread it through the transfer, use the plastic cap the secure the other end.

Hit the pedal, floss it back and fourth until you achieve desired contours.

Should work really well in dual port jugs.

Being the cable will follow somewhat of an arc, you can open/smooth the entire tunnel the way you want..

Food for thought.
Love it !

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe.....stop it. You're scaring me.

Mr Evans sir..

My day job consists of rigging together fixtures from scrap iron to support my mill and machine planes/bores. Vertical, horizontal, upside down above ground in a pit indoors outdoors. Sometimes when it rains ya under water...

[]>>>> Joe

Just can't help being stuck outside of the box...

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have also thought about a service they used to offer for heads and intake manifolds. They would use semi aggressive blast media with air running through your intake runners and leave it that way for hours. Their thought was that the air would carry the media in the direction it naturally wanted to flow and contour/polish those areas. You would have to inject the air into the lower transfers but somehow protect the rest of the cylinder once the media left the uppers as well as preserve the shape of the upper on the cylinder wall.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Might even be able to set height on duals too.

dot dot dot
I'm thinking you would still have to get the upper shape where you wanted it but let the media shape and polish the tunnels. But maybe not, who knows.

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Those transfers are designed for a broad power band rather than peak performance at high rpm.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think those transfer look pretty good. I'm not thrilled with the placement of the uppers. Looks more like cross than loop scavenging.

I've bead blasted the tunnels. If you have a good setup, you can conceivably remove material where the airflow finds restriction. The finish comes out great, but I'm not sure it does much.

The trick to do it right? Cut an aluminum beer can-the top and bottom off and then cut the side longitudinally. Create your upper and lower openings and then slip it in the jug as a sleeve. Blast away and it will protect the plating.