High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The things you've found in trees, logs and firewood.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of small rocks that love to destroy saw chains. Not sure how they get there but they do a number on saw chains, faster than greased lightning.

Then again, I once bucked a 9' log that had a spike deeply imbeded every 16". I somehow managed to miss all the spikes with the chain saw as I buck cut the rounds to length but found the spikes later when I split the rounds for firewood. They emerged like devils from the deep blue see.

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was removing a tree along a playground and kept dulling chains trying to cut trunk off. At one point there was apparently a hollow in it and kids on the play ground filled it with tiny rocks from the play ground surface. I went through multiple chains. It was the most pissed off I had ever been on a tree job as I had to make that cut to finish the job and it was all in the center out of sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was removing a tree along a playground and kept dulling chains trying to cut trunk off. At one point there was apparently a hollow in it and kids on the play ground filled it with tiny rocks from the play ground surface. I went through multiple chains. It was the most pissed off I had ever been on a tree job as I had to make that cut to finish the job and it was all in the center out of sight.

Residential trees are often filled with so much junk that sawmills won't accept them even after the logger has bucked them to 9' lengths and transported them to the mill. Losing a big ripping blade and shutting down the mill for an hour or more to change it out costs a bundle.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Residential trees are often filled with so much junk that sawmills won't accept them even after the logger has bucked them to 9' lengths and transported them to the mill. Losing a big ripping blade and shutting down the mill for an hour or more to change it out costs a bundle.

I won't take yard or residential logs either. I have a few tree guys around here that keep
asking if I want there logs. Nope, Not worth loosing a chain cuz a bunch of kids back in
the day built a bunch of tree forts.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I won't take yard or residential logs either. I have a few tree guys around here that keep
asking if I want there logs. Nope, Not worth loosing a chain cuz a bunch of kids back in
the day built a bunch of tree forts.

Some idiot recently had me out to price a job, taking down 5 big sycamores In a little grass opening about 100ft square surrounded by houses. His idea of payment was for me to keep the wood! I swear some people are just god damn rude... I turned round and got in my truck as soon as he said that

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
12:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was removing a tree along a playground and kept dulling chains trying to cut trunk off. At one point there was apparently a hollow in it and kids on the play ground filled it with tiny rocks from the play ground surface. I went through multiple chains. It was the most pissed off I had ever been on a tree job as I had to make that cut to finish the job and it was all in the center out of sight

Had same thing happen to me on a oak tree were kids had dropped rocks in it as it grew it was allmost like two tress that gew into one. I kept wondering after 2 or 3 chains why it kept slowing in middle. I found 3 big landscape river rocks in it aand one my chain finially cut thru

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was an ash tree that me and @Scotty Overkill cut down for a guy. He told us to watch for the nails because when he was a kid he had some tree houses in there. Dang this stuff was 35' or so up in the tree on branches that weren't that big.

Well he wasn't kidding along with nails and straight up spikes there was chain, cable, rope and netting grown into the tree. We should've walked away from that one. I think that we totally trashed 4 chains each and dulled a couple more! The worst tree by far that we've ever done. The next one like that I think we'll walk next time.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
T post
bricks
rocks
chain-heavy
chain- light
cable
bullets
concrete
car parts
rope
nails, screws, wire, fence

Most interesting was a blasting cap imbedded in a tree 55 feet up. Found it doing a removal to clear a power line. Biggest one I ever seen, I had been pulling yellow wire out of the tree before that...thought it was funny to have Christmas lights up that high with ought a sign of them...…..then seen the silver tube sticking out of the tree...chunked it out an dropped it down and the old gentleman watching came over and looked at it and said it was a blasting cap from Homestake Mine... guess he should know as he was part of the blasting crews....

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool thread, back from the dead.
Little bit of hardware in this old maple.
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 8.12.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 8.13.05 AM.png
Once it fell I found this little guy, I took him home :).
There were also a few fist sized and smaller rocks in this one, along with plenty of grubs lol.
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 10.08.46 PM.png