High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The things you've found in trees, logs and firewood.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bullet today
21d7b67014d16682243982b1cd3b5667.jpg
95c2fcb6f66b2efb167abc6ee2e8d8c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont have a pic of it. But. My grandpa had a cluster of maples in his grove. 16.5 feet in diameter worth. We had some relatives from northern Wisconsin with some more exp and proper gear come and fell ut for us. When we got the pile to the ground, we found an over under shotgun from the 1880's in the middle. Completely encased except the stock. He shipped it out and had it restored to working order. We never put a round threw it. But, the guy why restored it says he put 10 rounds threw each barrel. It's in a cousin's gun cabinet out of state since he has passed. It's one of my favorite stories with him.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont have a pic of it. But. My grandpa had a cluster of maples in his grove. 16.5 feet in diameter worth. We had some relatives from northern Wisconsin with some more exp and proper gear come and fell ut for us. When we got the pile to the ground, we found an over under shotgun from the 1880's in the middle. Completely encased except the stock. He shipped it out and had it restored to working order. We never put a round threw it. But, the guy why restored it says he put 10 rounds threw each barrel. It's in a cousin's gun cabinet out of state since he has passed. It's one of my favorite stories with him.
That's quite the find!
Driving down a dirt Rd in day with my BIL I though I saw something off out of the corner of my eye, so I backed up with the car as close to it on my side as I could so if it was what I thought it was I could grab it first, my BIL has great eyes and would have been out the door and on it before I put it in park. Sure enough, there sat a cheap 12ga pump. I'd never take something like that now, I know where there's a nice set of logging tongs I could grab close to the Rd right now(been buried in snow all winter) I won't get, but if I found a gun in a cluster of trees like you did I'd be all over it, very cool stuff.
Any pictures.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's quite the find!
Driving down a dirt Rd in day with my BIL I though I saw something off out of the corner of my eye, so I backed up with the car as close to it on my side as I could so if it was what I thought it was I could grab it first, my BIL has great eyes and would have been out the door and on it before I put it in park. Sure enough, there sat a cheap 12ga pump. I'd never take something like that now, I know where there's a nice set of logging tongs I could grab close to the Rd right now(been buried in snow all winter) I won't get, but if I found a gun in a cluster of trees like you did I'd be all over it, very cool stuff.
Any pictures.
No. Not digital. This was about 27 years ago. And I have no idea where my grandma has it. Shes in a "old folks home" now. I'll see if she can remember where a photo is.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not something I can or did take a picture of but after the Mount Redoubt volcano blew in 1989 the trees on the Kenai Peninsula were coated in volcanic ash

They were using road graders in Homer to plow the ash fall from the roads

It looked like several inches of gray snow

That was the eruption that went so high it caught a 747 jumbo jet in its ash cloud and shut down the engines

It fell something like 15,000 feet before they could clear the engines and get them restarted

For quite a few years after you needed damn near twice the number of chains to do any given felling or bucking job

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Did the saw hit it? Is it a sawed off shotgun now?? :aplastao:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's "find"...

20190603_160940.jpg

The chain I didn't mind so much, cut it in several pieces.

This however...

20190603_160932.jpg

put an end to cutting with that chain. I'd only brought one extra chain along and needed after making my first cut since I got the nose down in the dirt.

That piece turned out to be a chunk of 1/4 x 2 and I didn't get very far through it with a semi-chisel chain. I quit as soon as saw the sparks come flying out.

20190603_162859.jpg

Mark

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's "find"...

View attachment 184418

This however...

View attachment 184419

put an end to cutting with that chain. I'd only brought one extra chain along and needed after making my first cut since I got the nose down in the dirt.

That piece turned out to be a chunk of 1/4 x 2 and I didn't get very far through it with a semi-chisel chain. I quit as soon as saw the sparks come flying out.

View attachment 184420

Mark
Nice score :eek:.
Finding stuff like that when cutting close to a house is always a concern, it's not just the chain, but it kind stinks getting into one and you have the notch cut and half the backcut and then you get stopped by a chunk of metal. Not really how I want to leave a tree.

Last edited:

Goattownwoodcutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's "find"...

View attachment 184418

This however...

View attachment 184419

View attachment 184420

Mark
Ouch