High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ignore the start ...thats not the point .
For those who haven't come across this Dolmar Vid take a look..even if you dont speak German. Early Ps 420....

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who haven't come across this Dolmar Vid take a look..even if you dont speak German. Early Ps 420....

Good find Simon nice efficient saw building going on

I wanna visit the factory one day but gotta sell one helluva load of saws to get that

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good find Simon nice efficient saw building going on

I wanna visit the factory one day but gotta sell one helluva load of saws to get that
Very ! clean workspace .... interesting to see the jigs ,tooling and test rigs on the line.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Notice how those 420 saws have a orange top and " seem " to have the bigger spark plug and ..if my German is right..3 ps not 2.7 ps of the early ones.

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I forgot about that red top pretty sure it was pre 2010 I used too get the non cat mufflers before they where made NLA , also the air filter has the flip clip the same as the 5105 , coil and carb is the same as the 420sc
Years gone by I had a makita dcs-4300 white top

There are 17 models in this type 35cc and 43cc with black top
And two older models with the grey top

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally had the chance to give the 5105 a proper workout on a recently dead elm tree around 24" diameter today. The Dolly handled it no problem, even with the bar buried. This saw has more torque for sure than other 50cc machines I have tried. I think the Jonsered 2150 would have been noticeably slower. The consensus seems to be that a 50cc saw is at it's best with a 16" bar but the 5105 sure works well with a 20" and 7/32" cutters.

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could use some help with a ps9000 that I picked up at a farm sale. Tag on it said it needed something. It looked like somebody put a new blue coil on it probably from a 9010. Flywheel appears to be fairly new also. I was hoping it was a from 9010. To make a long story short, it back fires like its out of time. Is there a way to ID the Flywheel? Thanks.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks, what is the deal with the "silver star" Sachs-Dolmar saws? They look like the standard ones except with a nice silver-gray color in place of the usual orange or red. I think they are some of the best looking saws of all time and would like to get a cherry one for a display model.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a 6401 parts saw for $80. Haven't had time to really go over it. Will need a new drive sprocket, engine cover has a hole above decompression button but it does pull over and seems to have decent compression. Have to do a thorough look over come winter. Might be blessed and it will be another runner instead of a parts saw. Wait!!! If it runs then I have to find another parts saw. Decisions, decisions.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say it is legit, maybe a distributor souvenir. My grandfather was in construction and had a bunch of knockoff Zippo lighters like that one with various vendor logos. Sadly, that lighter is doing more advertising for Dolmar than Makita does!