High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had this from eBay a few weeks ago buyer said it pulls over but won't start and couldn't see exactly which model it was from the poor photos
But anyway got it back and it's a 114 and just as I thought no spark typical fault with this model so straight in and swap out the trigger unit drain the tank , put on a new bar and chain little tweet up with the screwdriver and a smooth running 50cc saw this model is not a saw too be overlooked they run strong not too heavy

View attachment 67546

But I've put it on eBay it will go towards the cs-1201 fund
Are some Parts available then Andrew ?......New trigger unit ?

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Are some Parts available then Andrew ?......New trigger unit ?

The SD 114 used a 2 piece transistor ignition, that has been NLA for ages here in the US. But You can snip the wires from the trigger under the flywheel or remove the trigger and replace the coil with a 1 piece coil from the 116si,120si,PS6000,PS6800 series saws. The flywheel had the same timing so no change required there. That saw is circa 1979-1980 due to the offset chain brake lever design. And it is wearing the European spec Muffler that had a awesome note. The issue that series had was the Tilly HK series carbs that were problematic due to the plastic module body that held the metering valve and circuits. There was a walbro replacement that worked much better. That age SD 114 is the saw that got us hooked on SD back in 79' and here we are years later still selling and servicing the Sachs Dolmar~ Dolmar ~ Makita lines of chain saws....

Scott

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The SD 114 used a 2 piece transistor ignition, that has been NLA for ages here in the US. But You can snip the wires from the trigger under the flywheel or remove the trigger and replace the coil with a 1 piece coil from the 116si,120si,PS6000,PS6800 series saws. The flywheel had the same timing so no change required there. That saw is circa 1979-1980 due to the offset chain brake lever design. And it is wearing the European spec Muffler that had a awesome note. The issue that series had was the Tilly HK series carbs that were problematic due to the plastic module body that held the metering valve and circuits. There was a walbro replacement that worked much better. That age SD 114 is the saw that got us hooked on SD back in 79' and here we are years later still selling and servicing the Sachs Dolmar~ Dolmar ~ Makita lines of chain saws....

Scott

Well put Scott
The serial number for this saw is 114/052 125
the chainbrake cover was missing when I got this saw i replaced it with a cover from a 117 I do think this saw is a later 114 all the part numbers are preceded by Dolmar west Germany rather than the older styling of part number and made in west Germany

Have you ever seen a bing carb on these saws

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
3:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Scott
Man that's a lot of good info! The 540 is what got me hooked If I am correct it's very similar to the 115... I think my 540 needs a coil :-(

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well put Scott
The serial number for this saw is 114/052 125
the chainbrake cover was missing when I got this saw i replaced it with a cover from a 117 I do think this saw is a later 114 all the part numbers are preceded by Dolmar west Germany rather than the older styling of part number and made in west Germany

Have you ever seen a bing carb on these saws

The only saws I have seen with the Bing were the 113 and 116 and the PS9000

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw a bing on one model a few years back but can't remember what it was didn't keep the saw it was probably as you say a 113 or 117
also another thing which is a pain was the large spline clutch drum on the 114 meaning 3/8 was the only option I can't find any large spline .325 sprocket rims

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is just The ticket great find they could be handy for milling as well

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That is just The ticket great find they could be handy for milling as well
There a hell of a big size in the flesh to a 8 ...if you want one ..I have a good used 9 pin you could play with.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There a hell of a big size in the flesh to a 8 ...if you want one ..I have a good used 9 pin you could play with.
That sounds just right simon

I got a vertical shaft 14hp petrol engine ready to go on sawmill and I was thinking about a 9 pin sprocket in .325 , matched to a 42" bar

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I got a vertical shaft 14hp petrol engine ready to go on sawmill and I was thinking about a 9 pin sprocket in .325 , matched to a 42" bar
I will send it down to you :)

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score

I run 9 tooth .325 standard spline milling all the time. Chain speed is about the same as 7 tooth .404

You will find a 4 stroke motor with that size sprocket will be slow, need more along the lines of a 12. Higher torque but lot lower revs.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a NOS 2009 PS-5105SC (14,500 coil, cat muffler) a few weeks ago. I've run about 10 tanks thru it bucking up various size hardwood with the first 5 tanks 32:1 and the following 40:1. I put a 5100 non-cat muffler on it after the 2nd tank. The settings were rich out of the box, and I removed the limiters and richened it up with the 5100 muff on. I didn't check the compression out of the box, but now it's only 165psi. From what I've read, these saws are banging much higher psi, even out of the box. I just checked the piston and bore, and they look fine. I use a pretty good Star compression gauge, and changed out the needle and o-rings to confirm.

Is this 165psi in the norm for this saw? Do I need to run it some more, and hard, to seat the rings? Perhaps there's a leak I should check for due to it's long shelf life? Otherwise, I really shouldn't care. Thanks.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am thinking those should have higher compression. My 5105 had 185 psi before it was fully broke in.

Sent from my Z832 using Tapatalk

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to look for a fitting for my Makita compressor to verify the gauge. I have to have a female to male somewhere.