Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That PS-7900 muffler should have a bird cage/baffle, taking it out and opening the outlet does help her breathe more freely.

I don't have any HD-AF, but I doubt the filter should be loose.
Sounds as if something is bent or broken, maybe worn.

In regards to Stihl mount bars on D009 mount Dolmar's I kinda recall a need of making a new oiler hole in the bar?
I could be wrong though.
That is easily checked with calipers.

FATBOY2017

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like mine has the foam gasket on top of the carb, and the hole in the air filter. The foam ring has deteriorated quite a bit though, and doesn't seem like it'd be a tight fit.

How would you resolve this?

Also, here's a shot of the intake side of the piston...
View attachment 413395

Cheers!
Thats odd! Is there any carbon on top of the piston? It appears to have some black carbon marks within the scoring on the piston? Also too much brown deposits around the rings typical of Stihl Ultra oil usage, causing ring to stick, Use Red Armour 2 stroke when you rebuild it, can't think of any other cause other than a possible ingress of something ( nut etc) having the ring missing suggests it has been worked on.
I trust the piston circlips were complete? Only other suggestion is that in the past it had a failure and repairer failed to clean out the crankcase properly, as position of the piston ring pin suggests aftermarket replacement. Any foam can be used to replace the one fitted.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My PS-7300 is not wearing her blue "ready ribbon" and I don't recall what I used her for the last time.
She is getting a chain touch up and basic maintenance so that she is fully ready for action.
24"/84DL full skip full chisel!

IMG_20240328_143418.jpg

WetGunPowder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone found a substitute for the 965-900-065 crankshaft seal used on the 50cc Dolkita saws. Makita says NLA!

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, 962900065 is what I think OP wants, new number is 213141-5, seal still available incl aftermarket
Sorry to dissent:

962900065 is the sealing-ring within the combination ball bearing 960123159 clutch side.
It has been NLA for a couple of years now. You'll have to buy the entire bearing instead.

213141-5 is the starter-side sealing-ring and still available both OEM or aftermarket because its a standard part.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Wilhelm: She's making progess !
I'm stuck, have to wait for the piston to arrive. All done what could be done:

montage_1.jpgmontage_2.jpgmontage_3.jpg

Got a new project too:

starterdeckel_ankunft.jpg

Plain vanilla 116 with heated handles. Has a chafed piston but looks good otherwise. Bought her to fill another gap in my collection :wave:

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to dissent:

962900065 is the sealing-ring within the combination ball bearing 960123159 clutch side.
It has been NLA for a couple of years now. You'll have to buy the entire bearing instead.

213141-5 is the starter-side sealing-ring and still available both OEM or aftermarket because its a standard part.
I knew there was something about it , just didn't recall what it was.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makita with a solo 681 crankshaft.
View attachment 414090

Did you do the crank-conversion by yourself? Would be nice to see pics of inside of the crank-compartment
I had to do some serious ginding in there when I did the same crank replacement a few years back:

PS-8700 project:

And since the Solo crankshaft has 2 mm larger stroke than the Dolmar, grinding inside the crankcase was needed too, to make room for the lager counterweights:

View attachment 212659 View attachment 212660

This work was surprisingly easy to be done and took me less than an hour.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually I even don't what the dukes pistons are, never heard of them...:confundio1:

Meteor pistons are italian made and do have a very solid reputation

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you do the crank-conversion by yourself? Would be nice to see pics of inside of the crank-compartment
I had to do some serious ginding in there when I did the same crank replacement a few years back:
Yes Sir I did. I don't have any pictures of the inside. This one is more or less and experimental bottom end. I did not cut the case to fit the crankshaft. What I did with this one is grind the counter weights and pin end to fit the case. If it works great, if not I'm out a crank. Since the crankshaft was ground, nothing changed inside the case.

eric4

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats odd! Is there any carbon on top of the piston? It appears to have some black carbon marks within the scoring on the piston? Also too much brown deposits around the rings typical of Stihl Ultra oil usage, causing ring to stick, Use Red Armour 2 stroke when you rebuild it, can't think of any other cause other than a possible ingress of something ( nut etc) having the ring missing suggests it has been worked on.
I trust the piston circlips were complete? Only other suggestion is that in the past it had a failure and repairer failed to clean out the crankcase properly, as position of the piston ring pin suggests aftermarket replacement. Any foam can be used to replace the one fitted.

Here's a pic of my new piston compared to the old. Definitely had black carbon atop the piston and some weird markings as well... Circlips were intact.

I use amsoil saber, but might give red armour a go for my next gallon

So this new piston has a really loose ring, and the circlips are significantly larger and thicker ga. material... Do yall think this is right?

20240330_101105.JPG20240330_101218.JPG