GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope SE Kansas
well your still by some.good people.

Not sure how I would get to it to cut a slot, lol. Not easily accessible.
I used this on poulan carb20190308_214308.jpg
Before I knew you could buy the tool. I just took the ink stick out then jammed it on there.

Last edited:

ZHY57

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks to some expert and generous help from a saw porter on here, I think I successfully got the tank vent on my Makita 5000 modified today. With wind gust pushing 50 today, it made for a good project day. Be lying if I said I didn't stress a little; however, he worked me through this as well. Thanks.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few pages back I announced

The next saw I'll present will be a 112B&W, from there on, we'll gonna explore the colorfulness of this specific model ...

After the Black&White 112 now its time for the genuine tangerine one, the "normal" incarnation of the model.
AFAIK the 112 was introduced together with the 114 but as the low end "farmers" version whereas the 114 was designated
for professional users. The 112 had a mechanical point-type ignition, and (in the first years) a one piece cylinder hood.
The color-code was all-tangerine, even the wrap-handle, making her look little inferior compared to her more powerful sibling, the 114.

I never intended to buy a tangerine 112 but after I finally had all other color variants of the make, one had to be in my collection and I found this one in my own little town, just a 10 minutes drive away.

This is how she looked like on arrival:

ankunft_1.jpg ankunft_2.jpg ankunft_3.jpg

and after leaving my workbench having received new gaskets, carb-diaphragms et al:

fertig.jpg

Next variation of the 112 to come will be the SilverStar...

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, it's time to continue our little Sachs-Dolmar 112 color sight-seeing tour.

We have seen the Black&White

and the tangerine one

so here is the so-called Silber Star (or sometimes misspelled as english Silver Star):

112ss_fertig1.jpg 112ss_fertig2.jpg 112ss_fertig3.jpg

The 112 Silber Star together with the 119 Super Star were presented in the late 1970s originally
as a limited special edition with silver coating instead of tangerine.
Apparently they were good sellers and thus they no longer were limited edition but rather intended to be sold in DYI markets
and department stores and such. The model range was extended to include 114 and 120 as silver variants.

The silver bodies very often were orange ones in first place only to have been coated with a light grey insulator undercoat (which is of
very good qualatiy) and finally a poor quality silver finish. The silver finish has most likely been worn off leaving todays silver Dolmars
look more or less grey with some orange spots shine through.

The saw in the pics has received (among other things) a complete new coat of silver paint.

I don't know if any of these saws were sold outside germany.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, it's time to continue our little Sachs-Dolmar 112 color sight-seeing tour.

We have seen the Black&White

and the tangerine one

so here is the so-called Silber Star (or sometimes misspelled as english Silver Star):

View attachment 171444 View attachment 171445 View attachment 171446

The 112 Silber Star together with the 119 Super Star were presented in the late 1970s originally
as a limited special edition with silver coating instead of tangerine.
Apparently they were good sellers and thus they no longer were limited edition but rather intended to be sold in DYI markets
and department stores and such. The model range was extended to include 114 and 120 as silver variants.

The silver bodies very often were orange ones in first place only to have been coated with a light grey insulator undercoat (which is of
very good qualatiy) and finally a poor quality silver finish. The silver finish has most likely been worn off leaving todays silver Dolmars
look more or less grey with some orange spots shine through.

The saw in the pics has received (among other things) a complete new coat of silver paint.

I don't know if any of these saws were sold outside germany.

Yes the 112 and 119 where sold here not in great numbers