The official OPE daycare thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never traveled. Hates travel. Here's a great example of ignorance. It's an incredible learning experience to see how other people live. Don't have to go very far to see new things.
Travel as in out of state travel. I’m fine within my state.

Reactions: Lnk

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Travel as in out of state travel. I’m fine within my state.

When you are old enough to travel, I would recommend checking some other places out. Wisconsin has a bit of everything, no doubt, but don't knock travel until you've given it a shot

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 8 year old daughter absolutely demolished a pile of Ethiopian food when we were in St Paul the other day. Had a lovely time walking around the Como conservatory. There were all sorts of people there, lots of languages being spoken, people in wheelchairs and other kinds of adaptive equipment enjoying the plants and animals. Tried to go to my favorite Vietnamese place for Pho, but apparently it closed down. Started looking at other close places on the map and I said there was an Ethiopian place a mile away. My daughter lit up and insisted we go there. Don't get me wrong, she'll get down on a cheeseburger too, but she's not afraid of experiencing new things. Because, she's willing to try. Again, she's 8.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But, HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Having never been there or done that?
I’ve been on long car trips and I have been behind the wheel for hours at a time. I hate that. I also do not enjoy seeing those sort of things honestly which I have. I’d rather do something else like work on our vehicles/machines or help my grandma.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 8 year old daughter absolutely demolished a pile of Ethiopian food when we were in St Paul the other day. Had a lovely time walking around the Como conservatory. There were all sorts of people there, lots of languages being spoken, people in wheelchairs and other kinds of adaptive equipment enjoying the plants and animals. Tried to go to my favorite Vietnamese place for Pho, but apparently it closed down. Started looking at other close places on the map and I said there was an Ethiopian place a mile away. My daughter lit up and insisted we go there. Don't get me wrong, she'll get down on a cheeseburger too, but she's not afraid of experiencing new things. Because, she's willing to try. Again, she's 8.

Actually, she's somewhat of an entrepreneur. Currently sitting on the rug counting her cash. I could probably hire her to check in here and babysit these kids. She could definitely teach them a thing or two...

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been on long car trips and I have been behind the wheel for hours at a time. I hate that. I also do not enjoy seeing those sort of things honestly which I have. I’d rather do something else like work on our vehicles/machines or help my grandma.

But after you drove for hours, you didn't see the grand canyon or the Green River though, did you? Or eat tamales out of some abuela's beat-up hatchback? I don't particularly love sitting in the car or plane for hours at a time either, but the destination often makes it worthwhile.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope you change your mind as you get older - places like Colorado and Wyoming should be experienced in person.

I'll add the redwoods to that list. Can't even begin to grasp the size of them, and our relative insignificance both in size and lifespan, without standing under them.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But after you drove for hours, you didn't see the grand canyon or the Green River though, did you? Or eat tamales out of some abuela's beat-up hatchback? I don't particularly love sitting in the car or plane for hours at a time either, but the destination often makes it worthwhile.
I have not driven to such destinations. But I have been driven to such destinations like national parks. The destinations are kind of rewarding, but just not worth it to me personally.

Reactions: Lnk

JIMG

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow mindedness.......broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one's lifetime." M. Twain

Dicky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never traveled. Hates travel. Here's a great example of ignorance. It's an incredible learning experience to see how other people live. Don't have to go very far to see new things.
These children are something else. Both of them are mosquito brain.