Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe is a very busy man and does the decals and such on the side. He's also pretty good at what he does, and as such his services can be in fairly high demand at any given time. He did my SP81 decal from the ground up since he hadn't done one before and didn't already have a design on hand. Though not very complicated as some of these designs go, it took some time along with some gentle prodding during the process, but it got done. I offered to send the original air filter cover with the old decal to assist with his design work and he insisted on photos, measurements and a template instead. Told me flat out and straight up front that if I sent it to him there was a very high probability I'd never see it again due to the general lack of organization and typical state of chaos under which he tends to find himself when he has multiple simultaneous projects going on.

Seemed like a pretty easy going guy to me and I found him easy to deal with. Was apologetic about the minor delays and he didn't make any excuses. But I wasn't an ass with an attitude about it, either. It was a freakin' decal. He was essentially doing me a favor for not much in return. Maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but I'd buy from him again without hesitation and highly endorse the quality of his work.

What I would NEVER do again is order anything from him through Chainsawr (or anything else from them for that matter) even if it says "Ready to ship". My second order from Sugar Creek was a simple Dolmar bar stencil through Chainsawr. Talk about delays and complete bullsh!t, Chainsawr was as bad as it gets and ended up punting to Joe in the end anyway telling me to contact him directly for a resolution..., which I did and he immediately responded and corrected the error.

He was a pretty easy going guy, He did the Homelite 3100 decals for me, I sent him pic's and they were spot on.
He does nice work and I really like his decals but his biz practices are horrible especially when he won't return
phone calls or emails on the diaphragm I sent him. He did one diaphragm and it worked great. But what happened.
At that time he was not busy. He was out of work looking for a job. He had time to get it done. I have talked to joe
many times in the past and bought a lot of his decal kits. I wish we could still do biz but after this it's a no unless
I hear from him with a diaphragm. I don't trust anyone who won't answer the phone or return calls and emails.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never had a problem with Scott at chainsawr .Only one time there was a foul up on a McCulloch part and whatever it was for 10 bucks I didn't say anything because sooner or later I would need it and just ordered another over the phone .I think it was something for an 850 .Things can get fouled up not that big of a deal .

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im in the process of getting my PM1000 back into running condition, the last thing i need is a new piston bearing, does anyone have one or a link to one.
My local bearing shop cannot find the right size.
Justin

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In case you don't know a PM 1000 is a Partner P100 or P100 super .I have the IPL's for both plus some of the concrete saws which most likely uses the same parts .You have to factor in the fact Husqvarna took over Partner which further skews the parts numbers mystery .Having said all that the only help I can give would be those numbers .

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In case you don't know a PM 1000 is a Partner P100 or P100 super .I have the IPL's for both plus some of the concrete saws which most likely uses the same parts .You have to factor in the fact Husqvarna took over Partner which further skews the parts numbers mystery .Having said all that the only help I can give would be those numbers .

Yes, ive also searched for Jonsereds 1020, im so close to completion but this little bearing is stopping me, I was hoping an OPE member had a stash of nos parts.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far what I have found is using the old part number system the Partner number is 302331 .Which happens to be the same number on the K1200 concrete saw .This may or my not coincide with something marketed by Husqvarna although I have no way to tell having no more knowledge of Husky than I do of Partner .That amounts to almost nothing to be truthful .McCulloch or Stihl,certainly some but not all .
Having said that I would say obviously made in metric and likely could be crossed to a generic if you knew the exact measurements .I found an aftermarket K1200 pin bearing for about 3 bucks American .Might be good might be junk .Try Google .you might get lucky .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rambling on once in a British web site I found the generic replacement for the crankshaft bearing used on the Stihl 020 and Ms 200T .Specs and everything .The Brits, bless their hearts really dig into this stuff .Fact I've learned more from British motorcycle sites and RC sites than I ever did from any and all chainsaw sites combined concerning engine modification .Not complaining just stating facts .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm of the opinion that if you had the measurements of the bearing a generic could be found .Partner was never popular in this area and in fact I've only seen 5 P-100s in my life time and I own two of them .The other three were near Meadville Pa at a GTG .
The P100 is the exact bore and stroke as a Husqvarna 2100 .It might be the pin size and OD bore size hole in the rod is the same but I don't know .The Swedes were pretty crafty but unlike the bull headed Germans didn't go out of their way to build stuff that only they had the parts for by design like Stihl .
If I were to guess based on displacement I would say it has a 13 MM pin .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if Northwood would ship to Oz but I have .It really doesn't cost that much for a very small package via air mail .It takes three days from where I live to go to the Pacific northwest or Florida and 4 days to Oz .Never the less if nothing else you could get what Husqvarna models that bearing from Northwood fits .providing the information is correct and find it locally, E-bay what ever

Teemore

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
seller 1twomachine

I have bookmarked him as he actually has some bullfrog carb diaphragms for sale.... I didn't even get as far as looking at any saws over the weekend, never mind photograph the 2-10A and its carb. Ah well, that's ahead of me and I'll share the pictures here in due course.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now here is a thought many might have thought about .E-bay is world wide or at least most of the world .On some things you might not find it in the USA or Canada but might in Germany or England .
I once found a Kohler engine for a Bob Cat skidloader for a guy who was a machine vender from Germany who was working in the USA at the time .It was 36 miles from his home in Essen .Half way around the world with one mouse click . BTW if that OP about the bearing for the Partner surfed Flea -Bay US it might be a surprise this morning .--Just saying

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one time on another forum I found all kinds of McCulloch parts for a guy from Oz .I then once found some parts for somebody else and that guy went on a snit about it .Evidently he was trying to corner the market on them .
Fine by me ,I never found him another part after that and that was the name of that tune in one note .

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I showed my 3 Stihl's in the Stihl thread, but these are where my heart is. I like all saws, but I started with the Pro Mac 610's and it's grown just a little since then.

The one 10-10 Automatic by the 10-10 Pro Mac, is a hodge podge, but is Pro Mac guts, with a different tank and starter if I remember correctly. So the air filter cover is not indicative of what it is actually.

DSCF0200.JPG DSCF0201.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0202.JPG
    DSCF0202.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0203.JPG
    DSCF0203.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0204.JPG
    DSCF0204.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm, my picture uploads are showing up funny. The Stihl pics did the same thing. Sorry. DSCF0205.JPG DSCF0206.JPG

I figured I throw in the last 2 pictures I took showing all my collection, just because. I didn't figure anyone would object.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag