Thank y'all for not being like AS

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just on AS looking at a thread where a guy wanted to start a spiritual section. Del chimed in, lone wolf and his entourage immediately pounced on Del and they all began trash talking everything and insulting "the other side". I have seen so many threads that where Del or LW turns it into a political "debate" followed by a lot of insults getting tossed around that I'm sick of the off-topic section. I want to thank all of you, especially the head primates, for not engaging in that kinda stuff or allowing it.
This forum seems like it's just a bunch of guys that can mostly get along and all pull together when one of their own needs a hand. That is sadly lacking on AS. It is no longer guys getting along, most new threads from are new members asking for help. Any and all questions or mentions of a/m stuff just turn into tons of guys dissing a/m parts and the guy that mentioned them. On AS I was told that @Mastermind was a biased guy and would allow political comments from one side to remain but he would delete any and all comments from the other side. I haven't really seen that, he and all the other mods seem like they try to be as fair and unbiased as humanly possible. Anyways, sorry for the rant but I just wanted to thank y'all for not being as toxic as AS is becoming.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's the huskybill show now
He had all the new threads there
Last I checked.
TNT posted up a ton, now GeorgiaVol is starting a bunch. Sirbuildalot filled in the gap between the two, but his seemed less polarized. Huskybill disappeared for awhile, but now he's back. I just realized it sounds like I'm reading the info for a soap opera.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think Randy allows anything political, but he might ask you to smell his finger.

We are all bias to some extent....even if we try not to be. I had a couple of guys point out to me that my "preference" on the political spectrum does show thru once in awhile. I've been trying to do better.

Sadly, we get labeled a "Libtard" if we let it be known that we dislike a certain political figure. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm neither a liberal or a conservative at this point, but at one time I leaned heavily to the right. These days I feel as though I stand alone in the center.

But to hell with politics. I would rather be friends than to end up disliking each other over some sob that wouldn't give us the time of day.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen things get political around here and only a few are allowed to have a voice but for the most part it stays pretty dang clean here and most get along. Usually fights are over brands and models which gets the purses going lol. Then just sit back and enjoy the show because really at the end of the day who gives a fug. Some who have been scammed by another member usually get taken care of by a group of members banding together which is pretty cool. All in all, not a bad place to hangout and learn things from others. Maybe make some friends along the way

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I couldn't ask for a better site, to learn power saws from the inside out, and hang with a bunch of good peeps.
I tried to join AS for they were the first to turn up in my search. My account is currently awaiting confirmation. Never a notice in my email. When I click on "resend confirmation email," I get the same .....notta. I'm good with that.
A blessing in disguise.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just on AS looking at a thread where a guy wanted to start a spiritual section. Del chimed in, lone wolf and his entourage immediately pounced on Del and they all began trash talking everything and insulting "the other side". I have seen so many threads that where Del or LW turns it into a political "debate" followed by a lot of insults getting tossed around that I'm sick of the off-topic section. I want to thank all of you, especially the head primates, for not engaging in that kinda stuff or allowing it.
This forum seems like it's just a bunch of guys that can mostly get along and all pull together when one of their own needs a hand. That is sadly lacking on AS. It is no longer guys getting along, most new threads from are new members asking for help. Any and all questions or mentions of a/m stuff just turn into tons of guys dissing a/m parts and the guy that mentioned them. On AS I was told that @Mastermind was a biased guy and would allow political comments from one side to remain but he would delete any and all comments from the other side. I haven't really seen that, he and all the other mods seem like they try to be as fair and unbiased as humanly possible. Anyways, sorry for the rant but I just wanted to thank y'all for not being as toxic as AS is becoming.

I didn't post on AS much, but I was on there everyday following the scrounging firewood thread. I got sick of them arguing about the Covid vaccine; they wouldn't let it go, and moderators are non-existent. My last post was a couple months ago, I said I am out of here, due to all of the nonsense, and haven't logged in since. I doubt anybody cares, but that is ok...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't post on AS much, but I was on there everyday following the scrounging firewood thread. I got sick of them arguing about the Covid vaccine; they wouldn't let it go, and moderators are non-existent. My last post was a couple months ago, I said I am out of here, due to all of the nonsense, and haven't logged in since. I doubt anybody cares, but that is ok...
But on as you can soak carb diaprams in lemon juice to revitalize them.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got sick of them arguing about the Covid vaccine; they wouldn't let it go, ..QUOTE]
I agree. I'm on a uk forum as well. there’s a C thread that goes on and on. But luckily it’s kept all in one thread.
I’ve had a glance at it here and there as you get to read the latest posts It’s really grown men throwing toys around.
It was the same for when “we” voted to leave Europe (I never voted, which is my choice to be neutral)
I just thought best to keep outta both threads for good.

anyhow as you say this is a great place where we can leave the arguments to some other sites :campeon:

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are all bias to some extent....even if we try not to be. I had a couple of guys point out to me that my "preference" on the political spectrum does show thru once in awhile. I've been trying to do better.

Sadly, we get labeled a "Libtard" if we let it be known that we dislike a certain political figure. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm neither a liberal or a conservative at this point, but at one time I leaned heavily to the right. These days I feel as though I stand alone in the center.

But to hell with politics. I would rather be friends than to end up disliking each other over some sob that wouldn't give us the time of day.
It's awful lonely in the middle nowadays...

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i laughed my ass off when i noticed that they completely deleted the political/religious sub forum. overnight, so many guys had their whole world deleted. i wish i could remember the guys name on their but he was runnin his mouth last spring just before they deleted the forum, he was talkin about how much work he does and how kids these days are lazy. i went back through his recent postings and he had posted almost 100 times before noon. just links to trash outrage articles. i will miss olyman calling me a communist tho...good times.