Stroking a Dolmar 7900

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I’ve read, that method increases jet size and helps with part throttle and off idle response. I could be wrong.
Those are nice features but I really care about top end performance.
I had no trouble going rich at full throttle with the stock carb at a reasonable H screw setting and saw no need to increase jet size.
@Chainsaw Jim contacted me about the carb in PM but I don’t think it’s any secret that he did the work. I believe he was after the same top end performance as he saw I was, but I’ll let him speak on that, or not, at his discretion.
There is no doubt that his work was a noticeable gain over the stock carb.
I figured you were going for a more racey type build than a worksaw? Seems like still it has pretty damn nice torque from what I remember running it.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I’ve read, that method increases jet size and helps with part throttle and off idle response. I could be wrong.
Those are nice features but I really care about top end performance.
I had no trouble going rich at full throttle with the stock carb at a reasonable H screw setting and saw no need to increase jet size.
@Chainsaw Jim contacted me about the carb in PM but I don’t think it’s any secret that he did the work. I believe he was after the same top end performance as he saw I was, but I’ll let him speak on that, or not, at his discretion.
There is no doubt that his work was a noticeable gain over the stock carb.

Okay cool, I am just thinking about it and wondering really.

When reading the poleman tutorial there is mention of better performance, but I am not certain that it kick top end up a notch...

Would love to know for sure. And it is awesome to know what other carbs will work with a modded saw.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay cool, I am just thinking about it and wondering really.

When reading the poleman tutorial there is mention of better performance, but I am not certain that it kick top end up a notch...

Would love to know for sure. And it is awesome to know what other carbs will work with a modded saw.

They do help top end. I had him do several for a 460. The modded Zama has the fastest cut times of any carb I tried.

The RWJ on the Solo 7900 I had was 4 turns out and still over 16k some days. I give up and put a 296 Tilly on it and it was great.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F'bombs were flying I bet. That sucks Dave.