Stroking a Dolmar 7900

Intoxsawcated

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the 372/390 I was thinkn about putting the entire 390 into the 372 cases. Itll take some machine work. Hoping to do some mock ups next week. I just wondered if it had been done b4.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing on my 372. I have a 390 crank but have discovered the weights are 2mm wider total, offsetting the rod and weight towards the pto side. Thats about as far as I've gotten. Total width between bearings and total shaft width is the same. Centering everything looks like a bit of machine work on the crank and the case needs opened up a bit for the crank, then do you use 372 bearings or bore the case for the bigger 6203 bearings? I think stroking a 372 crank might be a better way to go with a new rod and bigger small end or ditch the bearing and use a bronze bushing. It's a bit more work than I can handle by myself at the moment. Custom crank?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing on my 372. I have a 390 crank but have discovered the weights are 2mm wider total, offsetting the rod and weight towards the pto side. Thats about as far as I've gotten. Total width between bearings and total shaft width is the same. Centering everything looks like a bit of machine work on the crank and the case needs opened up a bit for the crank, then do you use 372 bearings or bore the case for the bigger 6203 bearings? I think stroking a 372 crank might be a better way to go with a new rod and bigger small end or ditch the bearing and use a bronze bushing. It's a bit more work than I can handle by myself at the moment. Custom crank?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
I am gonna use 372 bearings and machine crank. Looks like just slot the cylinder holes. I've got a 385 cylinder and pistons that's what I'm gonna use first b4 I buy a 390 cylinder. I did lay eyes on one that has been built. It was def a screamer. Porting numbers were different than normal. I'll have to play around with that. But was encouraging to see that at least one has been built. Albeit a race saw.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk