Super OPE Member
Local time
12:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Get some full comp chisel chain sharpened to 0
Take your drags to 0.045.
Good luck pulling it.
Ten degrees with full comp 404 @117dl is about all you will ever pull with a stock 660 and still seem like your actually moving.
0 is a *b-word but you get smooth boards ready to use.

Using a winch or winch type pull system will get you away from the mill. I use a mill mounted trailer winch most times. Building a yoke to set up for my big bar to get away from the heat and oily chips.
I second this. I run 0* top plate, 0.045 rakers, 45* hook. It’ll load a 2100 right up with a 30”
Cut and it’ll self feed.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Square file chain with the rakers dropped a little extra, and sharpen the chain often.

I have also used narrow curf chain (round filed). Even though it is Stihl Chain, I think you can only buy it through Logisol. They say you also need the narrow curf bar, but that is BS. I like square better, but this works better than other round file chain.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run between 5 and 10 degrees in different woods and even make my own grandberg style chain with two cutters filed at 5-10 and then cut the top off the next two leaving it full hight on tooth. Repeat all the way around the chain, cuts well and clears chips with a little less load on saw. I know you’re looking to stress test it but on say an ms362 class saw this chain will do better. The primary reason is load testing but you might as well get a plank out of it while doing it.

Cowboy3688

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I`ve seen milling chains from Oregon with 10 deg.
I use about 10 to 12 degree, cut my gullet round and use a three square to cut a steep edge angle...gets good longevity and fairly quick cut for a slow cut...have to touch up every few slabs in 24" oak...hope ya well with yer millin' !