Stihl MS500i

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I guess that is pretty impressive... Can't imagine the price won't reflect the performance.

It seems this must be a somewhat different beast from the ts500i.

I can see where injection would improve metering throughout the whole rpm range but at WOT if it still has to go through the crankcase and transfers, it doesn't seem like there'd be a big gain in power.
With direct injection it would of course skip all that and atomize right into the combustion chamber...
Might be an improvement with Ethanol gas because carbs are always being destroyed by it.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Despite who your buddy is he only knows what the official line at Stihl USA is. We have proven time and time again that the combined knowledge of the forum and its members in different locations around the world know more than anyone at a Stihl dealer does or is going to share (except those that are members here).

The MS441CM was not recently redesigned, it continued for sale in many markets (including Canada) unabated while not available in the USA. What is different about the USA? Three other letters EPA. I am certain that sale of the 441 was halted for a while to help Stihl's EPA score for the year.

With the MS462 coming the 441 will be toast. I expect to see the 461 stick around a little longer as there are many diehard screw driver users that Stihl doesn't want to fully alienate (yet). The MS500i will stand on its own for a while without anything else being discontinued as there is nothing else in the range of similar size.
Ok then.i did say that he might have meant that the redesign was from carb yo mtron is what he might have meant.i was mearly only trying to help and share some info i heard.i am also cery aware of the thing called epa sir.i also srmtated the the member that was from germany that it might be diff.in his country then are as well.for simple fact that i didnt go into detail about was epa.ie examole ms 341 euro 361 u.s. in not trying to argue with anyone,byt the way i read your post is that members know more then simeone who works at a certified stihl ship who has every certification that can be given by stihl.whom also gos to factory and has toured factory seen the production lines.,and there check system.ok well i will not comment anymore on this thread about it.thank you have a good day.time will tell what happens

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok then.i did say that he might have meant that the redesign was from carb yo mtron is what he might have meant.i was mearly only trying to help and share some info i heard.i am also cery aware of the thing called epa sir.i also srmtated the the member that was from germany that it might be diff.in his country then are as well.for simple fact that i didnt go into detail about was epa.ie examole ms 341 euro 361 u.s. in not trying to argue with anyone,byt the way i read your post is that members know more then simeone who works at a certified stihl ship who has every certification that can be given by stihl.whom also gos to factory and has toured factory seen the production lines.,and there check system.ok well i will not comment anymore on this thread about it.thank you have a good day.time will tell what happens
C'mon man....make an effort. That gibberish has more periods in it, than an all girls school.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry grammar wasnt my strong point in school as it shows.i struggled severely its actually what made me quit school.then i went back later in lulife and got a ged.i try.

I think you would benefit from just taking your time. Don't be in a hurry to post. The forum isn't going to run away.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
1:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Let's just straighten this out.....I ain't no "Platinum" member but I have kept up with my "Bronze" certs and work for a dealer.

The 441C was to be brought back to production, but last I saw they will actually Not be bringing it back. It was a pos truely....we actually never sold any.
The 462 is replacing the 461.....simple as that. Like GC said....they'll probably keep the 461 around for awhile though.
The MS500i is in Germany for testing....Who knows how long it's going to take to make it here in the States....especially with all the EPA BS that they have to deal with and that goes with the 462 as well. I've been on several stihl guys toes and no answers. I was only told Soon....like 5 months ago.

EDIT: I will say it seems one stihl guy will always say something different than another.

Last edited:

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let's just straighten this out.....I ain't no "Platinum" member but I have kept up with my "Bronze" certs and work for a dealer.

The 441C was to be brought back to production, but last I saw they will actually Not be bringing it back. It was a pos truely....we actually never sold any.
The 462 is replacing the 461.....simple as that. Like GC said....they'll probably keep the 461 around for awhile though.
The MS500i is in Germany for testing....Who knows how long it's going to take to make it here in the States....especially with all the EPA BS that they have to deal with and that goes with the 462 as well. I've been on several stihl guys toes and no answers. I was only told Soon....like 5 months ago.

EDIT: I will say it seems one stihl guy will always say something different than another.

Repped!

I too am "only" Bronze Stihl certified, but I work with some guys that went to the Silver training who routinely "flood" saws.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Well like i said he said that you said one of them is going away regardless of how mustard is cut.i just dont see them bringing 462 and ms 500 with them both being 72 ccs.the 500 concrete saw is here.its a matter of when not if.thank you

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well like i said he said that you said one of them is going away regardless of how mustard is cut.i just dont see them bringing 462 and ms 500 with them both being 72 ccs.the 500 concrete saw is here.its a matter of when not if.thank you

The ms 500i is supposed to be 80cc... no?