Reaction score

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brian - You're the first guy that I have heard that didn't like the left coast flippy replacement caps. I am surprised to hear.
@crackerboy

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Brian - You're the first guy that I have heard that didn't like the left coast flippy replacement caps. I am surprised to hear.
@crackerboy

Out of feedback thread
I have feedback on the 2 different styles of stihl flippy cap replacements. By end users.

LCS one sometimes gets tight or awkward to remove. Locks in place and has push button unlock. I think it could be forgetting to unlock it. Better grade of plastic used IMO.
O-ring prefect shape no leaks. Have to be modded the Y part on string to use in the stihl oem location. The string slide in part in tanks. They come with Y on end.

CCC one Easier to use. Dont lock. O-rings c-racked all the way around even new unused. Worry about the cracks in O-rings breaking through and leaking. Come with the right oem string attachment for tanks.
Inoperable sometimes with E10 and become harder to turn because they swell up. Maybe the type of plastic use?

I will use either one at saw owners decision. I like having both of these as a replacement option.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Out of feedback thread
I have feedback on the 2 different styles of stihl flippy cap replacements. By end users.

LCS one sometimes gets tight or awkward to remove. Locks in place and has push button unlock. I think it could be forgetting to unlock it. Better grade of plastic used IMO.
O-ring prefect shape no leaks. Have to be modded the Y part on string to use in the stihl oem location. The string slide in part in tanks. They come with Y on end.

CCC one Easier to use. Dont lock. O-rings c-racked all the way around even new unused. Worry about the cracks in O-rings breaking through and leaking. Come with the right oem string attachment for tanks.
Inoperable sometimes with E10 and become harder to turn because they swell up. Maybe the type of plastic use?

I will use either one at saw owners decision. I like having both of these as a replacement option.
Your exactly right you had to compress and twist.they were cool about it even guy on phone tried and stated they were extremely tight.they were in both crankcase and fuel tank.they were so tight i was afraid of damaging my tank.i felt like i needed a small pair of pliers damn near.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm. Intetesting. I wonder if a slightly thinner o-ring would solve that issue?
One thing for sure, you don't have to worry about them coming loose. Lol

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I honestly wish stihl had never gone to tool less caps.i hate them things they go bad more often,collect more dirt and if not on right they will come off and make a mess.i wish when replacing tanks they still had option of the old scrench caps.if the wheel aint broke dont fix it i say.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. Simple plastic cap with no moving parts has to be better than these flippy crap caps.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup. Flat washers. Easy fix or just a maintenance update. Piece a cake.
Sometimes the slot gets boogered up, but still better than flippy cap.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup. I keep my screw caps like new. I use a big, big flat head screw driver on them.[emoji106]

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I may be worse ocd than you Brian. But don't get me wrong, I use and work my saws. I just don't beat on them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty nice design there. Simple and effective.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
6:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I honestly wish stihl had never gone to tool less caps.i hate them things they go bad more often,collect more dirt and if not on right they will come off and make a mess.i wish when replacing tanks they still had option of the old scrench caps.if the wheel aint broke dont fix it i say.
You tell 'em, Brian.

I'm just too damn mad.