Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you advanced the ignition?
Glad you popped in brother. Will you be heading to Joe and Scott's gtg? I look forward to seeing you and your jreds again. (I have grown my stock of arborists mailers for base gasket material, and I'll bring anaerobic)

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lowering the jug is lowering the jug. What would I gain there? I ask out of lack of knowledge.
One gain is if you need to retain base thickness. Sometimes you take too much and the base will crack. Also. You could make the saw accept a more standard jug. Maybe an aftermarket to try things before you move to a more expensive jug.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bingo. That's it. And it's a big traffic jam waiting to get off the freeway. Thanks Caleb. I'm not good at explaining.
Number two piston might not be a loss though, if you know a good welder, or you can weld aluminum.

What if you put a spot of weld at each spot where the ring gap is. Just filled in the ends of then, than chucked it up and the lathe to clean it up? No more channels feeding crank air right out the exhaust?

Just a thought I had when I should have been sleeping.

Another thought. I wonder if you could get the Husqvarna 395xp cylinder to bolt on? The base would need the bolt holes changed out. It has a 12mm wrist pin as well as a 38mm stroke.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Number two piston might not be a loss though, if you know a good welder, or you can weld aluminum.

What if you put a spot of weld at each spot where the ring gap is. Just filled in the ends of then, than chucked it up and the lathe to clean it up? No more channels feeding crank air right out the exhaust?

Another thought. I wonder if you could get the Husqvarna 395xp cylinder to bolt on? The base would need the bolt holes changed out. It has a 12mm wrist pin as well as a 38mm stroke.
I used a 395 slug in a 066 big bore jug once. Ran it for awhile on pipe. Swapped that out for an oem standard bore jug and slug, made it much faster.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rarely mess around with stuff like this because sooner or later someone will show up with a pure 1128 and kick your ass with it. That’s just how it goes.
I'm calling 🐝 S.
Once the bugs are worked out and things are right for this specific build... this thing 'should' Eat! A stocker. Especially if he maximizes the cylinder/case volume/charges. 💪 💪 💪
Me personally, I'd like/love to see this with a 2mm larger piston.

I'd play around with case volume as well...
Needless to say, I'm digging this project.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a 395 slug in a 066 big bore jug once. Ran it for awhile on pipe. Swapped that out for an oem standard bore jug and slug, made it much faster.
I wonder how it would have done with an OEM 395 jug?

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I can weld aluminum... However, the heat softens the metal. When you weld on 6061 t6, it's not t6 after. It anneals.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lowering the jug is lowering the jug. What would I gain there? I ask out of lack of knowledge.
Lowering the jug you gain duration without potentially sacrificing the inlet charge.
Cutting the case you gain duration while losing a little volume... is it enough to notice a difference? I guess that would be something to play with for R&D purpose.

Maybe Look into transfer stuffers to change the velocity, volume and direction of the charge.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lowering the jug you gain duration without potentially sacrificing the inlet charge.
Cutting the case you gain duration while losing a little volume... is it enough to notice a difference? I guess that would be something to play with for R&D purpose.

Maybe Look into transfer stuffers to change the velocity, volume and direction of the charge.
Not in this case. The skirt never passes the roof of the intake. It needed epoxy at docs recommendation to allow flow around it. I had the thought of epoxy in the transfers.