Stihl/Amazon

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was on another forum and someone replaced the piston bearings rings on a MS441. On the box it had stihl logo but was printed, made in China. I'm not sure if the box was made in China or the parts. I assumed the latter.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The part # for that plug does not come up on Stihls list , says no info on that part

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That part number on the box is the number of the box, not the number of the plug.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, This morning I pulled the oil filter out and gave it a blast of brake clean.The oil tank was virtually spotless.reassembled and made a couple of passes onto the cardboard. These are approximately20190825_114710[1].jpg 10-15 second bursts at part throttle.Mind you I am using a 16 BC. The bottom 4 on the right is the result of today's activities. I still don't think it is right.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, This morning I pulled the oil filter out and gave it a blast of brake clean.The oil tank was virtually spotless.reassembled and made a couple of passes onto the cardboard. These are approximatelyView attachment 196482 10-15 second bursts at part throttle.Mind you I am using a 16 BC. The bottom 4 on the right is the result of today's activities. I still don't think it is right.

I think you are good. Modern Stihl bar oilers are stingy by nature.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, I drained the tank, flushed it with mix. I did not pull the filter off to see.The tank was clean.
Sometimes you have to run the saw with the mix gas in the oil tank till it comes out the oiler hole to flush the oiler out. Fixed a 372 oiler that way recently. People don’t clean off there caps when refueling. The sawdust falls off inside the tank. It then builds up in the tanks over time. Then you get a clogged oiler screen/pump or clogged carb screen.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, This morning I pulled the oil filter out and gave it a blast of brake clean.The oil tank was virtually spotless.reassembled and made a couple of passes onto the cardboard. These are approximatelyView attachment 196482 10-15 second bursts at part throttle.Mind you I am using a 16 BC. The bottom 4 on the right is the result of today's activities. I still don't think it is right.
I think your fine, I have had several 025’s and they don’t oil great, like @Dub11 said winter blend or lighter bar oil can help. Your leaving better oil lines on cardboard than many I have seen, that had no issues, I also find that a perfectly clean bar groove dose not sling oil as well as one they has been run an has debris in the groove, the wide open groove takes a while to fill on first tests. I also take a dremal cut off wheel and cut an Oiler groove in the side of the bar that matches the Oiler slot on the saw, it helps deliver max oil and doesn’t clog as easily as the small pin hole for oil

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well after cleaning up this mornings blow down the saw is getting the new oil pump. Chain was as dry as popcorn. I ran it along the cardboard and it took well over a minute before any oil showed.New pump should be here this week.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't have the most experience but oilers seem to work or not work type of thing. I'd check that screen.

Now I did have a ms290 that seemed pretty stingy until I ran winter blend bar oil.
ALL 1127 pumps are stingy.

And still everybody races to go buy Stihl products . . .
Not me but that said some parts AM are unobtanium. Some parts are just inferior and not worth replacing ever week/month ymmv. Some parts are a no brainer for non commercial use. Most aftermarket pumps for Stihl saws are of poor quality and deliver low volumes to the bar. This winter I would like to try out HO gears in AM pumps. The housing will need work first. The juice may not be worth the squeeze.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For what it's worth the oil pump that I ordered is a high volume pump.1123 640 3201 Hopefully this will quench my thirst.

The last two posts are raining on my charcoal.

Last edited:

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the oil pump arrived along with associated parts.As I was rotating the pump the top with the gear of it was moving up and down. Is this normal?Anyway I will find out tomorrow.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also take a dremal cut off wheel and cut an Oiler groove in the side of the bar that matches the Oiler slot on the saw, it helps deliver max oil and doesn’t clog as easily as the small pin hole for oil
I would really like a pic of that. If you dont mind.