Special request. $2 bill wanted

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. I know this isn't the right spot. But I'm looking for maximum coverage. But if it needs moved I guess go ahead.

Long story short. Last week a good friend was in a near fatal motorcycle accident. He is still going to be in the hospital for a few weeks or longer.

Due to his condition following the wreck. The ems/emt first responders cut his leathers and all his other clothes off. Somehow they lost his money clip. He doesn't care about the couple hundos, he's alive after all. But he admitted to me the was depressed that he lost his $2bill. It was given to him when he was a kid and been in his pocket since 1969. I remember him having it all 20+ years I've known him. So I believe it. There wasn't much left of it riding in his pocket for so long think it was about a third it's original size last time I saw him.

I Don't know if anyone can help me out here but I'm going to try. I have no clue what year his original bill was printed. But if I could find a 1969 (year he received his original) or a 1976 (big bicentennial guy) $2bill.
It would be great.

Plans are if I can find a bill. Get it to everyone who has been close to him and helping him through this and have them sign it. (Yeah not kosher don't care) try to get it to him before he starts rehab.

Anybody who might have one around and be willing to help me out with this? Haven't had any luck locally yet.

@Mkinslow @Mastermind probably can't vouch for me, but they've both met the man and hope they can vouch for him being a stand up guy who always comes through.

Help a guy do the same for him.

Steven

LandFakers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a stack of $2 bills, i'll look through them tomorrow when im back home. Might not have anything that old though. My grandma paid me my birthday money every year in $2 bills and I never spent a single one.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a stack of $2 bills, i'll look through them tomorrow when im back home. Might not have anything that old though. My grandma paid me my birthday money every year in $2 bills and I never spent a single one.

Same here my grandparents did the same. I haven't found one in my stash yet either. And thank you for checking.

Steven

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. I know this isn't the right spot. But I'm looking for maximum coverage. But if it needs moved I guess go ahead.

Long story short. Last week a good friend was in a near fatal motorcycle accident. He is still going to be in the hospital for a few weeks or longer.

Due to his condition following the wreck. The ems/emt first responders cut his leathers and all his other clothes off. Somehow they lost his money clip. He doesn't care about the couple hundos, he's alive after all. But he admitted to me the was depressed that he lost his $2bill. It was given to him when he was a kid and been in his pocket since 1969. I remember him having it all 20+ years I've known him. So I believe it. There wasn't much left of it riding in his pocket for so long think it was about a third it's original size last time I saw him.

I Don't know if anyone can help me out here but I'm going to try. I have no clue what year his original bill was printed. But if I could find a 1969 (year he received his original) or a 1976 (big bicentennial guy) $2bill.
It would be great.

Plans are if I can find a bill. Get it to everyone who has been close to him and helping him through this and have them sign it. (Yeah not kosher don't care) try to get it to him before he starts rehab.

Anybody who might have one around and be willing to help me out with this? Haven't had any luck locally yet.

@Mkinslow @Mastermind probably can't vouch for me, but they've both met the man and hope they can vouch for him being a stand up guy who always comes through.

Help a guy do the same for him.

Steven
I am/was a bit of a coin guy, let me make this a bit easier. There is not a series 1969 $2 bill. There's a Series 1963 and a Series 1976, but bills are only dated by the re-design or "Series" date. That being said, I have a like-new Series 1963 (the series that would have been out in 1969) $2 bill that I was given that I don't really need. If no one has sent a bill your way just let me know and it'll hit the mail tomorrow morning.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am/was a bit of a coin guy, let me make this a bit easier. There is not a series 1969 $2 bill. There's a Series 1963 and a Series 1976, but bills are only dated by the re-design or "Series" date. That being said, I have a like-new Series 1963 (the series that would have been out in 1969) $2 bill that I was given that I don't really need. If no one has sent a bill your way just let me know and it'll hit the mail tomorrow morning.

That is alot of good info. I was unaware they were printed like that. And thank you for the very generous offer. I am thinking I will probably roll with the '76 with the new information. Just because how he is with the bicentennial thing.

Thank you again for setting me straight and your offer.

Steven

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a $2 bill in my billfold right now. You can get them at banks; at least some banks...

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got 1,but it’s a 2003 [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk