Some nice Locust

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed, good exercise.
Nice to get a Gransfors, I opted for an fiskars x27, have a hultafors hatchet that I like too, looking for a small hatchet now to put on a belt, for taking out small branches, probably go fiskars x7 just because its light to swing up a tree. I like the wooden handle gear better, but cant afford a lot of it, looking around junk sales too may pay off.

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Monster, rather you than me, or may be am missing something, all I get is small ash, full of knots, which is probably a lot tougher to split, that bigger stuff might be not much harder to handle. Small stoves here too, so we cut the rings half the hight you do, thats double the swinging.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed, good exercise.
Nice to get a Gransfors, I opted for an fiskars x27, have a hultafors hatchet that I like too, looking for a small hatchet now to put on a belt, for taking out small branches, probably go fiskars x7 just because its light to swing up a tree. I like the wooden handle gear better, but cant afford a lot of it, looking around junk sales too may pay off.
Get the x15, the x7 is so short I have a hard time accurately hitting my target. The 15 has a handle length that is similar to swinging a framing hammer.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get the x15, the x7 is so short I have a hard time accurately hitting my target. The 15 has a handle length that is similar to swinging a framing hammer.

This gransfors made a fiskars useless to me for splitting logs..i have a bunch of fiskars I'd give away.

But I take that little x7 trout fishing every year for branches in my way on streams.