FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit drinking...

I can't think of one time in my adult life I drank a single beer..it was 15 bare minimum or none at all.

It's a waste of life.

Agree totally. In my early to mid-20's I probably averaged 6-9 beers a night, soon as I got home from work. I'm kind of sad that pretty much all I remember from those days is going to work and drinking beer. When I met my wife, she was genuinely amazed at how much of the stuff I would down just as part of my normal routine. She encouraged me to quit, and said that when kids came along our household was going to be dry no matter what. I'm now fully onboard with it because my life is so much better without alcohol.

Once in a great while I'll have a brew just because I do like the taste, however if no or low alcohol beer was available that tasted good I would actually rather drink that.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agree totally. In my early to mid-20's I probably averaged 6-9 beers a night, soon as I got home from work. I'm kind of sad that pretty much all I remember from those days is going to work and drinking beer. When I met my wife, she was genuinely amazed at how much of the stuff I would down just as part of my normal routine. She encouraged me to quit, and said that when kids came along our household was going to be dry no matter what. I'm now fully onboard with it because my life is so much better without alcohol.

Once in a great while I'll have a brew just because I do like the taste, however if no or low alcohol beer was available that tasted good I would actually rather drink that.

I kinda didn't really have a choice, aside for health *s-word it caused a bunch of *s-word in my life I really didn't need.

I may get to the point I drink here and there..but it's gonna be a while.