trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, gave up on the air filter and the brake on ny project 644, and bought a used one that runs pretty good. So I've got a spare cylinder and chassis if something should go wrong with this saw. I was out cutting with it the other day and I really like it. First venture into Soko land. However, you fill it up with oil and let it sit overnight and you've got a puddle, a big one, under the saw. I just got rid of a 651 SP and it did the same thing. Puts some of my Husky's to shame. Is this common with Solo's? I can empty out the oil tank after using it and crack the cap, but I'm getting old (be quiet Al) and I'd rather not have to do this. Any fixes out there besides the usual? I wish they made a service manual for this saw...

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a 644 that was doing the same thing. And it was a bad leak. (Also have a 651 that has never leaked a drop.) Took the 644 apart with the intention of replacing the parts from a later saw. Turned out they were a little different so I cleaned up all of the original parts and put them back in the 644. Surprisingly the leak was gone. Didn't expect that at all. The leak disappeared as quickly as it showed up, because it didn't leak when new. Worth a shot.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a thought. I'll look at the ipl to see what alls in there, maybe missing a part like a rubber grommet. I'll put it all back together and see what happens.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a 644 that was doing the same thing. And it was a bad leak. (Also have a 651 that has never leaked a drop.) Took the 644 apart with the intention of replacing the parts from a later saw. Turned out they were a little different so I cleaned up all of the original parts and put them back in the 644. Surprisingly the leak was gone. Didn't expect that at all. The leak disappeared as quickly as it showed up, because it didn't leak when new. Worth a shot.
Bob, would an Echo 3 series clutch remover work on this? I've got some clutch removers but none of em seem to fit. Tried searching but nothing.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have no clue, sorry. Don't know much about Echo tools. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I used on mine. Hang in there, we'll get it figured out.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have no clue, sorry. Don't know much about Echo tools. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I used on mine. Hang in there, we'll get it figured out.
Bought an Echo 5 series clutch tool. We'll see if that works Thursday. Hoping...

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, Echo 5 series tool is about 1mm too short. Tried getting a punch and hammer, no go.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hate to say it, but that's what I had to do. None of my clutch tools did the trick so it was hammer and punch for me as well.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm to the stage where I'll get a socket and weld some legs to it and see if that works. It should.. key word...