Trader history (0)

dougie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought in 2105 to drop a tree. Been in a gear bag ever since. I'm not a young man, not going to be climbing in trees.

Looking to sell local to KY 40047 but may consider shipping.

More pics at my FB marketplace post

dw

Attachments

• 20231209_223824.jpg
    20231209_223824.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 24
  • BaileysBasicClimbKit.jpg
    BaileysBasicClimbKit.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231209_224113_1.jpg
    20231209_224113_1.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 23

chilipeppermaniac

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dougie,

I am a bit old too for climbing, BUT I did check out your gear on Marketplace.
I am really fighting the realities of aging, pain, and limitations caused by low back issues. In some respects, I would like the flexibility and relatively low cost, low amount of logistics that alternatives such as a boom lift rental involves. But there is a lot to be said for having both options available. When it comes to possibly doing my own climbing, I can only hope to have either a surgeon, or non invasive treatment on my back that will restore my ability to climb ladders, trees etc and not experience pains that can lead to danger to myself.
Having said that, I am considering making an offer on your gear either in a PM here, or in the Facebook.

PS. As I viewed the pictures in your listing, I have some questions about gear like this that others may chime in on. Does OSHA or anyone have limits on how old safety gear like this is good for from the date of manufacture and certification? We are now 8-9 years after some of the dates I saw on your gear. Thanks

dougie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only thing I read was it must be inspected every 6 months. I never did this professionally.

I would guess that there is a service life Limit maybe, but as all this shipped together and has more than a year or 2 between the dates my guess is it's more about wear and regular inspections.

dw

chilipeppermaniac

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only thing I read was it must be inspected every 6 months. I never did this professionally.

I would guess that there is a service life Limit maybe, but as all this shipped together and has more than a year or 2 between the dates my guess is it's more about wear and regular inspections.

dw

dougie, I would think so too. But you know about UNCLE. OSHA etc.

I too, am no professional and can definitely presume that your rig with low wear on it, certainly has not encountered weakening from friction, wear, abuse etc.