So does anyone fish or just nah???

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They're delicious Rick. Put some flour in a bowl and add some seasoning then throw em in the fryer. Eat em by the bunches

Ask Matt (Hedgerow) about Michigan Smelt.
Don't have any smelt here, but I love all kinds of fish so I'm sure I'd gobble a few down.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are some nice reds in the earlier posts I have some up here but I don't target them it's a pretty big sportfish south of me catch some small ones now and again the black drum should be up next month that's an awsome fish to catch I got a 52 pounder got a citation for it. Anyone eat big black drum? I didn't care much for it I think I'm gonna release any I catch from now on

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those big ole bream is some fine eatin.
Yessir...they some fine eatin'. Full moon is Fri, the 22nd this month. We're gonna hit that little small lake again either one or two days prior to the full moon, when the bream are gonna be real shallow looking to bed. We're gonna blister their asses.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5-6 pound speckled trout and we around 60 that day. They were all very nice fish.
Just a silly question or two are specs and weakies easy to tell apart ? I've never caught a spec and those pics look like weaks there's very few weaks up here now...... Used to be so many ... I caught one last year. I was in such a hurry to put it back I didn't get a picture... Those specs have the "buck" teeth? What's diffrent about the two just the spots??

Barneyrb

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a silly question or two are specs and weakies easy to tell apart ? I've never caught a spec and those pics look like weaks there's very few weaks up here now...... Used to be so many ... I caught one last year. I was in such a hurry to put it back I didn't get a picture... Those specs have the "buck" teeth? What's diffrent about the two just the spots??

I really don't know the answer to your question because I don't know what a "weakie" is. The name for speckled trout is actually spotted sea trout. The do have two front teeth that I would classify as more of a dagger than buck teeth and their mouth is real yellow in color. This page will give you some information and I will add this, from salt water they are excellent eating. They rank right up there with Crappie for table-fare.

http://wrightsvillebeachscenictours.com/eco-guides/wrightsville-beach-fish-guide/speckled-trout/

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really don't know the answer to your question because I don't know what a "weakie" is. The name for speckled trout is actually spotted sea trout. The do have two front teeth that I would classify as more of a dagger than buck teeth and their mouth is real yellow in color. This page will give you some information and I will add this, from salt water they are excellent eating. They rank right up there with Crappie for table-fare.

http://wrightsvillebeachscenictours.com/eco-guides/wrightsville-beach-fish-guide/speckled-trout/
A weakie is a weakfish they are very very very close . We just call em trout here but hardly ever catch any now md and de were loaded with em in the 90s check out a picture of a weakfish if you get a moment I thought for sure that's what you had in hand

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those pictures suck maybe this year I could actually catch at least one "trout" weakfish and try to get a real picture