High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Show me your poker

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
2:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I recently got a new stove and the firebox is wider than it is deep unlike my old stove. I will have to shorten my poker at least 18" or so. I might shorten the hook on the end as well but maybe not. I will have to expant my tools to include a shovel also. Even thought the new stove has a ash pan it only has a small ~2x2 opening in the center of the firebox for the ash to go down. Maybe a small hand held garden trowel with a steel handle will be fabricated.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently got a new stove and the firebox is wider than it is deep unlike my old stove. I will have to shorten my poker at least 18" or so. I might shorten the hook on the end as well but maybe not. I will have to expant my tools to include a shovel also. Even thought the new stove has a ash pan it only has a small ~2x2 opening in the center of the firebox for the ash to go down. Maybe a small hand held garden trowel with a steel handle will be fabricated.
That center(bottom) ash dump will work great if you give it a try. I have a Pacific Energy Super 27 and scooped ashes a couple times then started using the dump and will NEVER scoop them again. When the ashes are hot they tend to fly all over when scooping them out. The one thing I have found is the importance of making sure the dump flipper is sealed well and then mounding up some ashes over it so I dont get any errant draft. My 2cents.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made mine out of rebar. has worked fine over the years.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That center(bottom) ash dump will work great if you give it a try. I have a Pacific Energy Super 27 and scooped ashes a couple times then started using the dump and will NEVER scoop them again. When the ashes are hot they tend to fly all over when scooping them out. The one thing I have found is the importance of making sure the dump flipper is sealed well and then mounding up some ashes over it so I dont get any errant draft. My 2cents.
I will remember to set a small amount aside to cover the trap door up after removing the ashes from the fire box. What do you use to get the ash down the trap door, small shovel? My old stove had a big grate in the center, didn't take much to get the ashes to fall through.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will remember to set a small amount aside to cover the trap door up after removing the ashes from the fire box. What do you use to get the ash down the trap door, small shovel? My old stove had a big grate in the center, didn't take much to get the ashes to fall through.
I just have a small crook on the end of my poker and it works well to pull a few ashes over and let em fall through. If you bring too many at once they tend to heap and not go right down anyway, so a little at a time works good for me.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_3577.jpg IMG_3581.jpg IMG_3579.jpg IMG_3580.jpg
Don't know this guy, but love his work. Gary Schluter, Excalibur Artistic Ironworks, Madison, WI. Met him at a knife and gun show in Kalamazoo, Michigan.