timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local brings his saw over and asks to make it better. Running stihl semi chisel wif bumpers

What a great difference Kevin. Is the pop up from DD?? That thing kinda sounds like a yellow bumble bee 10-10 now. LOL!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will answer for @rogue60 .
Yes that is a hard nose bar setup.
I think 30“
That's an old stock early 2000 Oregon hard nose 25 inch bar minus 2 inch for the dog's gives me a 23inch cut.
I've got a heap of old hand me down hard nosed bars 28 and bout 30inch from my dad all minus 2 inch for the dog's..

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. You notice any difference in hard nose and sprocket tips when cutting? Nothing wrong with using previously loved items.
Difference as in any? Not really myself anyway speed for me nothing in it but hard nose bars are harder on chains and cutting with the top of the bar the nose can get hot fast if you push it.
Talking just work saw stuff here as for the race saw stuffs I no nothing about but I'm guessing a sprocket nose bar is faster cutting cookie's.
I will add I've never used a hard nose bar on a saw under 90cc for any great length of time to say they are worthy of running on a saw under 90ishcc...

Last edited: