RE: Baileys

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know it's been reported elsewhere, but it seems this is more extensive than first reported and it may involve a number of people that use this forum.

According to SC Magazine, the Baileys hack goes back to 2011 and may involve 250,000.

I've done business with Baileys. Two of my cards were compromised. I don't know if it is related. I've checked my credit report and found some questionable inquiries.

If you did business with them it is in your best interest to monitor your cards.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I figure this is the best place to reach people that may have been victims.

RonL

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never been a huge fan of Bailey's anyways but have always used Paypal when purchasing from them

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a card with a low limit that I use for smaller purchases with new vendors. I have tried to use the same card for use with the same vendor that I regularly do business with. Getting compromised is a royal pain.

RonL

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the e-mail yesterday, the good news is that I got a new credit card (and number) when my credit union went to chip technology.

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One of my cards was compromised. The only logical way it happened was through Baileys. Discover alerted me of suspicious activity and I got a new card and they got rid of the charges.

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They got me, my card caught it
Before I lost money

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't had any issues yet but I am keeping a close eye on things. I just made an order the other day from them and to make sure I didn't have any problems I used a prepaid credit card. That way there isn't any money left on the card after the order.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got hit after ordering from them also. Was out for 2 ups purchases that totaled 285$ and my card was flagged and took 3 days before the bank put my money back in my account and 10 days before I got a new card I could use

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My card company sent me a new card and said mine had been comprimised. I had used it to order from baileys a few times last couple years. Now we filed our taxes and they have been put on hold due to possibility of identity theft. We filed in Feb. and they said it could take 6-8 weeks from today.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
10:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had an account there, but luckily I never purchased anything from them.
Got an email from them, seems they have been hacked for years.
Companies who has such a lousy security system doesnt deserve to survive after my opinion.....

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad I used PayPal. Coming on three weeks now waiting for my clutch drum I ordered from there. Was given the wrong tracking number on my order, after contacting support I have the correct one now. It's pretty bad when the email receipt tells you if the information shows on back order it's really not, it shows that way due to their "system limitations".

Now the problem is that it doesn't show up on Canada Post tracking. Regular parcel only gives shipping delivery confirmation. GFY.

Reactions: DSS

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone knows someone in college who needs to write a paper on crisis management (or lack of), Bailey's would be an excellent subject.

My last experience with them was an abandoned order when they wanted $18 to ship 3 loops of chain that could have fit in a Priority Mail box for under $6.00.

HighSierras

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
When I received notice of the hack, I simply cancelled my card and got a free replacement. I have always had excellent service from Bailey's, and they regularly send me free shipping emails, which keeps the pricing competitive. Sorry to hear that others are having poor service from them.

Ordering online from anyone these days leaves you venerable to hackers. It's just the way the internet works. Even major in-person retailers like Home Depot and Target are continually getting hacked, resulting in stolen customer info. If you're using a credit card at all, anywhere, your only course of action is to keep a close watch on transactions and quickly report fraudulent charges.