3/8" or .404"

• Total voters

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
7:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This guys work chain was first time entering.
rd 3 work 2.24 - race 2.00 - .325 - stock saw 56.5cc

His work chain cut like the race without all the work. Thinking it beat the rest of the work chains by 1.5-2 tenths.
Just to show there was really the 3- 4 tenths difference in this class too.
That guys chain was just wicked fast for just hitting the front of cutters and 1st time chain filer.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Naw you get it down pat real quick. Once you get in a groove.
Now what can throw you off is when someone sends the wrong drive link chain that is off by 1 link. I wont front out skippy. ;)

Oh I have done dumb stuff like send guys a new chain to make a race chain for me...and put the preset on upside down :)
Did at least five of them that way <DOH>

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am all confusalled like a dang hefalump here.
Is this the chain build off at Moobermancentral in December or a completely different competition?

Dave it started off on CR site as rd#4. Then we started talking doing 404 as it hasnt been done in a chain build off yet.
3/8 won the pick, but still wanted to offer 404 build off too.
Mike was set up for 404 and I wasnt. I ask Mike if he wanted to take over my chain build off. He did.
Later on Randy was having a gtg. So Mike ask all parties if ok to do the chain testing at Randy's. That is how it all got moved to the gtg and Mike doing this for us.

Thanks lot of headache off my azz during winter time this year. :p
:campeon2::beer-toast1:

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh I have done dumb stuff like send guys a new chain to make a race chain for me...and put the preset on upside down :)
Did at least five of them that way <DOH>

I put together a chain blind drunk one time. Looked at chain next day. Never again. :bash:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A.E.E.llc

Hello myself, its me again
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
True that.

Also why we have always offered work chains. Just like you ;) you used to laugh at race chains and say I have no need for that BS. Now look at you. :risas3: Your ate up with it.

Got to get people in the door to test the waters on chains. Let them have fun with their work chains and not ruin their experience with BS drivel IMO. ;)

Just like I used to have my racing gtg's. I still see a few guys from that went on to race real races.

Plus 5 times the amount of guys get in and try the work chains builds for the 1st time. They see how fun it can be. Then they try a race later.
Heck I have tried it in the 3ci and open saw race chain build offs and I know I cant file. But I like to see them.

Take Roger for instance on my site. Never did a race chain before only work chain. Built 2 race so far and has got a 1st and 2nd (might have been 1st and 3rd). Not bad for a guy trying for his first times. Beautiful looking chains I might add and cut too.
I'm not as ate up as you think. I relate my career to my hobby. When I find time I try to find gains. Not throw money at it! Tho I have. Lol

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
that's from wigs gtg a few years back. 32 with an r full comp chain

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
here's when I first got the saw back. New out of box rs chain 28" found later the saw had a pinched vent causing it to go lean. The wood is red oak