High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Random pics (that you took) thread...

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
5:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a woodstove at a bar in town.
Funny story. The owner and I were talking firewood and he started showing me the stove. Well he just tossed 3-4 large chunks in and then had the loading door open then shut, then the ash door, shook the ash grates to show me and the damn thing was glowing red hot above the loading door so she was chooching hard. Someone driving by outside called the fire department about all the smoke.

Meanwhile the owner and I keep carrying on talking, fire trucks are pulling up outside, police, more responders... The fire chief runs in and asks if everything is ok and what he put in there, said there was calls the building might be on fire lol. Fire chief took a quick look in the firebox and was satisfied.

My guess was he probably caught some creosote on fire and it burned out or it was just belching a good cloud from the recent reload and opening it up to show me. His chimney is probably close to 50' tall because it's a 3 story historic building with 15' ceilings.

View attachment 109563
Great story, and you say she was chooching eh, not a fan of AvE are ya? Maybe that's a standard New England/Canadian word.
What do you feller's do with your 300T, just mainly heavy picks or do you use the whole stick?
Thanks fer sharin! And keep yer trick in a vise...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lee steel ?
Few coils of steel back in the day.
View attachment 109552 View attachment 109553
That is a load of shi at and you know it Chipper!

People are generally shocked when they find out what that load weighs I bet. Just cause the trailer ain't packed to the gills,don't mean it ain't to compacity. If I'm not mistaken there is a video or 2 on the tube, of a coil that got loose and is rolling down the interstate. I would hate to see what one would do to a Honda if it had a little momentum...
Have a good one feller's, sick as a dog, but gotta get after it...
PS, that is a bunch of axles. In Arkansas I could probably get away with putting one of those coils on my 18' 2-3500lbaxle car hauler, even with the sparks flying from skidding it on the frame after the aforementioned axles left...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a load of shi at and you know it Chipper!

People are generally shocked when they find out what that load weighs I bet. Just cause the trailer ain't packed to the gills,don't mean it ain't to compacity. If I'm not mistaken there is a video or 2 on the tube, of a coil that got loose and is rolling down the interstate. I would hate to see what one would do to a Honda if it had a little momentum...
Have a good one feller's, sick as a dog, but gotta get after it...
PS, that is a bunch of axles. In Arkansas I could probably get away with putting one of those coils on my 18' 2-3500lbaxle car hauler, even with the sparks flying from skidding it on the frame after the aforementioned axles left...
Well, I think it was 115 or so lol.
Buddy had one get away on I-75 downtown Toledo, huge mess, but no-one got hurt.
I've dumped them on my trailer a few times, and had one "smaller" skidded coil slip out the side(6-7k).
They don't have much mercy, you never turn your back on them when loading/unloading, I always keep a hand on them when I'm close to them or they are narrow and tall. Lost a guy I knew at the Mill Steel plant, Sam ran the slitter and loaded truck sometimes as well, very tragic he left kids behind he was only 35 great example of a hard working immigrant RIP.
http://adacascade.wzzm13.com/news/news/70764-update-worker-killed-accident-named
Never saw that video, here's one for you though.
Hope you feel better, I'm not 100% myself, but life don't stop for you.
There were pictures in one of the shops where a guy pulled up next to a flatbed with a pickup truck and somehow managed to get a 3500 lbs coil off and into the box, the axle was on the ground totally smashed :facepalm:.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've dumped them on my trailer a few times, and had one "smaller" skidded coil slip out the side(6-7k).
They don't have much mercy, you never turn your back on them when loading/unloading, I always keep a hand on them when I'm close to them or they are narrow and tall. Lost a guy I knew at the Mill Steel plant, Sam ran the slitter and loaded truck sometimes as well, very tragic he left kids behind he was only 35 great example of a hard working immigrant RIP.
http://adacascade.wzzm13.com/news/news/70764-update-worker-killed-accident-named
There were pictures in one of the shops where a guy pulled up next to a flatbed with a pickup truck and somehow managed to get a 3500 lbs coil off and into the box, the axle was on the ground totally smashed :facepalm:.
That's terrible to hear about that gentleman, I never worried about stuff like that until I had children.

The last feller sounded like he probably needed to learn that lesson with truck, before he learned it with his arse...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Quick search didn't turn up the coil rolling down the interstate, but was very similar to this spool of coax, with slightly less speed. Somebody bought em a mess of Andrews or ComScope with this. This was almost as big a concern to me as someone falling off a tower, with some of the brain surgeon's I had to baby sit for. Eventually I had to make sure that I had thoroughly showed them what would make me happy as far as securing loads and learn to not dwell on the stuff that I knew would eventually happen. Not enough time in the day, to be everywhere...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quick search didn't turn up the coil rolling down the interstate, but was very similar to this spool of coax, with slightly less speed. Somebody bought em a mess of Andrews or ComScope with this. This was almost as big a concern to me as someone falling off a tower, with some of the brain surgeon's I had to baby sit for. Eventually I had to make sure that I had thoroughly showed them what would make me happy as far as securing loads and learn to not dwell on the stuff that I knew would eventually happen. Not enough time in the day, to be everywhere...
Guy with the trailer was a scrapper and was hoping to get that wire LOL.
I like the one with the spool that gets away from the guys on the escalator and bust through the glass doors and into a parked car, could have killed someone, good it didn't.
Yea it doesn't end well when guys fall of a tower either.
Oh I know what you mean for sure. I'd let the guys who rode with me hauling drywall screw up on the non essential straps(the ones that were not holding anything but the tarp and were behind the axles so the strap wouldn't get under the tire). When they came loose I'd pull over and say "we'll you know what to do", they'd be like "what", I'd say"fix your strap". It didn't take to long before they would figure it out :).
Here's a bundle of steel studs that was on a pup trailer the guys "helped me out with" by pre-loading while I was out of the shop on another run. I'm just glad I caught it in the lights of a car coming up on me, I had my guy look out the window because I thought I saw something, he said it looks good, I had a bad feeling so I stopped anyway.
Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 8.58.44 PM.png

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guy with the trailer was a scrapper and was hoping to get that wire LOL.
I like the one with the spool that gets away from the guys on the escalator and bust through the glass doors and into a parked car, could have killed someone, good it didn't.
Yea it doesn't end well when guys fall of a tower either.
Oh I know what you mean for sure. I'd let the guys who rode with me hauling drywall screw up on the non essential straps(the ones that were not holding anything but the tarp and were behind the axles so the strap wouldn't get under the tire). When they came loose I'd pull over and say "we'll you know what to do", they'd be like "what", I'd say"fix your strap". It didn't take to long before they would figure it out :).
Here's a bundle of steel studs that was on a pup trailer the guys "helped me out with" by pre-loading while I was out of the shop on another run. I'm just glad I caught it in the lights of a car coming up on me, I had my guy look out the window because I thought I saw something, he said it looks good, I had a bad feeling so I stopped anyway.
View attachment 109650
Man that was a close one,lucky you had"Your Good" with you...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man that was a close one,lucky you had"Your Good" with you...
No joke.
Limped it as far as I could from the highway to avoid Dot. The guys who loaded it were coming down with a second load of the same material but only in the truck, I made them pull it all with their boom, took two hrs start to finish. Because the bundle on the bottom popped you couldn't just loosen the straps or the bundles above would have pulled the rest of the trailer, so we had to rig a couple 2" portable straps over the top to support the bundles, what a time consuming effort. Then I used two of the portable straps as "bands" to hold the studs together(we forgot the banding machine lol). I think all this happened on a Friday and it put everyone behind for getting off at a decent time, should have done it right the first time I guess.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Fremont St is a blast.
Fun y story about that. My wife and I learned the hard way the mono rail doesn't take you all the way to old Vegas. We got off and thought we'd walk the rest of the way. We made it to the space needle and were sweating and cussing our decision but decided we were already committed and sweaty and finished the walk. Yeah, it was maybe two miles lol. Making memories.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah, Fremont St is a blast.
Fun y story about that. My wife and I learned the hard way the mono rail doesn't take you all the way to old Vegas. We got off and thought we'd walk the rest of the way. We made it to the space needle and were sweating and cussing our decision but decided we were already committed and sweaty and finished the walk. Yeah, it was maybe two miles lol. Making memories.

Me and the family on first trip to Vegas walked the ‘block’ from Balleys to MGM Grand. 104 degrees. Once was more than enuff.