Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice reel! I am an abu man too! I like the 6501 from around 2000( silver and black) lefty reels, and put the blue 6601 or 6501c4 6.4-1 high speed gears. I use Shimano grease and carbon fiber drags. If your drag gets a little jerky put light coat of Shimano drag grease and it will be super smooth and hold more. A power handle is nice too

love the pic of the tree growing in the rocks

This is my first Abu. It is smooth, that's for sure. My other bait caster is a lew's reel. They are based in Springfield, MO so the presence of them here is big. It's a nice reel too but is one on the modern styles with magnetic drag and such, composite body, and so on.

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Texas...

29898968.wr996.jpg
"What kind of idiot would put a pole in the middle of a field?" the driver said.
Another $hitter Chrysler out to the pumpkin patch yay!

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20210310_130338.jpg IMG_20210310_125941.jpg
Valve cover gasket on 4.0 in nephews Sport trac. You can remove the passenger side with the plenum on. I told dad I will not do that again, I will pay for the gaskets myself.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You think that sucks, do timing chains on a 4.0. That will make you smack an engineer and their momma!
I had to look it up, hadn't been in one before. What kind of stupid is that with a timing chain on the back. Pulling the motor just to get to a rear plug under the bell housing to change the back chain.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to look it up, hadn't been in one before. What kind of stupid is that with a timing chain on the back. Pulling the motor just to get to a rear plug under the bell housing to change the back chain.

GM has a few engines like that too.
Their small diesels and 1 gas I think.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yup, 21 hours to do it. And, none of the gears are keyed. Need a plethora of special tools to set it up. Has a shaft where the cam should be to run the rear chain. Have to drop the gear down in the chain as the hole in the back is just big enough for the bolt and socket. Real stupid. Best part of all it they are real bad for eating chain guides. Symptoms are a brief heavy chain rattle on cold start.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, 21 hours to do it. And, none of the gears are keyed. Need a plethora of special tools to set it up. Has a shaft where the cam should be to run the rear chain. Have to drop the gear down in the chain as the hole in the back is just big enough for the bolt and socket. Real stupid. Best part of all it they are real bad for eating chain guides. Symptoms are a brief heavy chain rattle on cold start.
I'll tell nephew to listen for it, not that he would remember. Probably easier to buy something different and junk yard the thing. I was standing at front of truck when he started it yesterday and I didn't hear anything unusual. I would notice the chain rattle since I was looking for leaks and listening pretty hard.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How bout C5 vette clutches?

Those look way worse than they are.
Once the exhaust is out of the way the entire rear subframe with the diff and trans will drop right out with the torque tube.
Plus, Vettes typically don't see Wi winters, so everything isn't rusted or corroded.