High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HUSQVARNA Post your favorite 2series Husky.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s just a memory now :)))
43640a2088e0cfcee57468f7502904b9.png

Erik
I'm sorry we couldn't make it work buddy, you know I tried :).
That’s a beauty Brett.
Thanks Mike.
It's been gone for a while now, sometimes I miss it, right now is one of those times :crybaby2::eaea:.
Any pictures of that 254 all cleaned up.

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorry we couldn't make it work buddy, you know I tried :).

Thanks Mike.
It's been gone for a while now, sometimes I miss it, right now is one of those times :crybaby2::eaea:.
Any pictures of that 254 all cleaned up.

It was for just the scabbard not the Saw.
Though the Saw would’ve been nice [emoji106]

Erik

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was for just the scabbard not the Saw.
Though the Saw would’ve been nice [emoji106]

Erik
You know I wanted to keep everything together if possible, thought it was the right thing to do. Besides you got fire hose anyway lol.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one?
dd6a1c3f6b7c22d35d2c5aebadf90df4.jpg
Is that the one I sold you, if so how come they look better after I sell them. I don't remember that recoil sticker being on it, unless I kept the other one a while longer. I like those saws a lot, like a 346 with a little extra power.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the one I sold you, if so how come they look better after I sell them. I don't remember that recoil sticker being on it, unless I kept the other one a while longer. I like those saws a lot, like a 346 with a little extra power.

Yessir, I do believe that’s the one I bought from you..’orange’ decal and all. I was just talking to rattler about this one this week..

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yessir, I do believe that’s the one I bought from you..’orange’ decal and all. I was just talking to rattler about this one this week..
I like the look of those, and that one looks really good.
I should have bought the xpg that Randy sold :(. I had an almost new 555 at the time so I passed, but a ported 254 would be a fun saw.

LongRanger

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
FIRST POST! I just got a new to me 242xp today. In general it's a clean little saw and too cool! I have not pressure tested it yet but like good scout i would like to have some seals just in case. the flywheel side seems to be available but not the PTO side. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look??? Thanks in advance LR

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FIRST POST! I just got a new to me 242xp today. In general it's a clean little saw and too cool! I have not pressure tested it yet but like good scout i would like to have some seals just in case. the flywheel side seems to be available but not the PTO side. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look??? Thanks in advance LR
Welcome to OPE LR.
We're gonna need to see some pictures of that saw, we like pictures :biggrin:.
That pto side will be a harder part to source sorry to say as it's NLA :(.

Last edited:

LongRanger

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
All,
Thank you all for the information, even though I was hoping for a different, perhaps magic, answer on the PTO sealer:( It seems that the sealer (501 161 4901) fits several saws that will be forced to die a lingering death if a solution is not found. Besides hoping for a stash of them to be found in some barn somewhere! That said, certainly something on the planet used a sealer that would suffice as a replacement. I wonder if anyone has extremely accurate measurements or, dare I say it, drawings??? I am willing to use sources I have to scour bearing and seal catalogs to see if a match could be found... Who knows we could get lucky!!
LR

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These are very cool saws, I never really looked at them. I almost read this whole thread the last few days. I think a 262 would be my first choice if I were to get a 2 series followed by a 288.

If I would of waited a few more days I would of got a 262 w/ ks/hd87. I bought a earlier 272xp a few days before the above mentioned 262 popped up this week. My 272 has no decomp w/ fresh piston/rings, you better pull the starter rope like a man. I hope the starter assembly is tough because she's a hard starter cold. The 272 feels/looks so small compared to other saws. Unfortunately my dumb a$$ ordered a k095 mount bar rather then a d009. So I'm left here staring/holding this 272 till I get a bar that fits.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All,
Thank you all for the information, even though I was hoping for a different, perhaps magic, answer on the PTO sealer:( It seems that the sealer (501 161 4901) fits several saws that will be forced to die a lingering death if a solution is not found. Besides hoping for a stash of them to be found in some barn somewhere! That said, certainly something on the planet used a sealer that would suffice as a replacement. I wonder if anyone has extremely accurate measurements or, dare I say it, drawings??? I am willing to use sources I have to scour bearing and seal catalogs to see if a match could be found... Who knows we could get lucky!!
LR
Just heard those seals are available again, better get a couple ordered :).

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I do have to say having had it a few years now, my (Dad's) - OUR 262xp, is the hardest starting SOB we have, **IF** it hasn't been run in more than a month. Even if you trickle a bit of mix down the carb, you still have to pull on it anywhere between 10-20x before She pops. After that, you're golden and for the rest of the month, she'll start easy. The simple solution would be to act like a normal PSP and simple fire it up for a few piss-revs, after warming it up once a month, but finding time for that with family stuff non-stop is easier said than done.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just heard those seals are available again, better get a couple ordered :).
if them 242 seals # 501 61 49 01 are available again peeps should buy in a couple seals.

Its not only Husky who use them, Stihl also use a seal with same dimensions, their 020 AVP had them, and their FS 200 & 202 use the same seal.

Stihl has also PTO bearings who should work in a 242, belive their part number is 9523-003-4330, I bought 4 of them myself a couple week ago.

Their bearing # 9523-003-4430 is 13.5mm wide (used on newer models), when people buy a Stihl PTO bearing they have to pay attention so they get the 4330 bearing and not the 4430.
I belive it possible with the right setup&tools to shave down the 13.5mm bearing if needed.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if them 242 seals # 501 61 49 01 are available again peeps should buy in a couple seals.

Its not only Husky who use them, Stihl also use a seal with same dimensions, their 020 AVP had them, and their FS 200 & 202 use the same seal.

Stihl has also PTO bearings who should work in a 242, belive their part number is 9523-003-4330, I bought 4 of them myself a couple week ago.

Their bearing # 9523-003-4430 is 13.5mm wide (used on newer models), when people buy a Stihl PTO bearing they have to pay attention so they get the 4330 bearing and not the 4430.
I belive it possible with the right setup&tools to shave down the 13.5mm bearing if needed.
I agree, which is why I said, better get a couple ordered.
Typically the saws I buy/sell/run are saws that the parts are available for, just easier that way, and I enjoy the fuel economy of the newer saws as well. I still run the 346 when I'm cutting firewood as it's such a pleasure to run, but the 550 is my 50cc saw of choice. I have a few 200T's, ms201cm rear handles, and a ported 241 for my smaller saws as well as a 540t.
I was unaware the 200's had a similar seal, but I don't work on many saws unless I have to.