High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ported Dolmar 421

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The local dealer quoted me $625 for a MS-241. And, more than likely, the ported 421 would run all over a 241 to boot.
I don't know if a 241 would keep up with a mm 421.

WetGunPowder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think treemonkey did one a few years back for saradodgegeek-Think she has passed it down the line to someone else................

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I don't know if a 241 would keep up with a mm 421.

I think it would probably come down to the chain. It all comes down to how important the auto tune is to you. My 241 is about to go down the line. Nothing against it. It's a great saw that cuts like a bigger saw. Sometimes I get bored and then saws move to be replaced by other saws. Some might call that a problem. I say variety is the spice of life.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think it would probably come down to the chain. It all comes down to how important the auto tune is to you. My 241 is about to go down the line. Nothing against it. It's a great saw that cuts like a bigger saw. Sometimes I get bored and then saws move to be replaced by other saws. Some might call that a problem. I say variety is the spice of life.

Lots of people do this with automobiles, I don't see any reason why chainsaw's are all that different.

rainierrifleco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Carl did my 421 over a year ago and I have been running the crap out of it..I put on an 18 inch bar from a scraped Poland saw with lo pro chain...that combo will really eat wood with the porting...way too much power tho fro low pro chain...it softer wood it would be fine I think but hard wood is hard on the chain...to the point it will shear off the teeth at times..the bar is seeming to wear really fast ..like it's too soft for the higher rpm...I have got a 325 sprocket on now but hasn't tryed it yet..
Carl did a fantastic job....