It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, it's my mail getter......:)View attachment 61570
I sure wanted one of those as a kid.....My parents leveraged it into my first employment (newspaper route) "save up and buy one". I did, but only enough to buy a used Trail Hopper. Should have gone the extra mile for a new 70...

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
images.jpg
Very, very nice!
I have about a dozen lanterns that I pick up at garage sales and restore, nothing like your collection. I especially like the single mantle red ones.
Yep, the red ones do look cool, I picked up a nice 236 and the tough to find 247CPR this last year, the 236 is a 500 CP, the 247 is a Canadian Pacific Railroad kero lantern.....:)C81C8AC3-A418-4671-92D3-CEF786BCB0D6_zpsu37yq9ej.jpg View attachment 61577

Last edited:

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sure wanted one of those as a kid.....My parents leveraged it into my first employment (newspaper route) "save up and buy one". I did, but only enough to buy a used Trail Hopper. Should have gone the extra mile for a new 70...
LOL, I owned a trailhopper at one time as well!......;)

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For years we used to light the hunting cabins with Coleman lanterns. Even kept us from freezing in the tent one time, we ran them all night! And once we did use a lantern (there were 6 of us) to help the next door neighbors retrieve a large buck that was miles into the woods, (at night).

Then my brother wired the hunting cabin with LED lights, a deep cycle battery and an inverter, and I picked up some solar panels. The lanterns have not been used for a while, we just keep em for backup. My oldest one was always my favorite, just seemed to have more run time than the newer ones.

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For years we used to light the hunting cabins with Coleman lanterns. Even kept us from freezing in the tent one time, we ran them all night! And once we did use a lantern (there were 6 of us) to help the next door neighbors retrieve a large buck that was miles into the woods, (at night).

Then my brother wired the hunting cabin with LED lights, a deep cycle battery and an inverter, and I picked up some solar panels. The lanterns have not been used for a while, we just keep em for backup. My oldest one was always my favorite, just seemed to have more run time than the newer ones.
Yep, I prefer the oldies as well......:)2995324.jpg