Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad was an antique firearms dealer. Traveled the US to all the major
shows and made a good living out of a passion for firearms. Had my first
gun a 22 single shot when i was 11. My twin girls were firing off full autos
at the age of 7 with me or my dad behind them. We had a lot of fun.

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was raised with my dad and grandpa giving me just as much responsibility as I could handle for my age and maturity.
Sometimes they gave me more than I could handle and I failed!

It's a part of growing and maturing. Three days after my 18th birthday my dad turned me lose in a simi truck! He kinda had to because he had back surgery and was laid up for a few months. He's been an own operator all my life and the bills needed paid. I couldn't leave the state....... But I did what I had to help him keep things going.
When I turned 21 I bought my own truck and was totally on my own. (trust me it wasn't new) and the DOT loved to pull me around back..
Now 21 years old just means you're allowed to party!!

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Most parents shelter their kids from things like guns or hunting and don't take the time to take them out fishing (which I did a fair bit of) , heavens !!....they might get hurt ! , that's the biggest problem today with families .
By the time my boys were in their teens we were all members of a gun club shooting handguns and HP rifles , no one got hurt but they sure as heck learned to be respect a firearm and handle one properly . Now my oldest gets to shoot the 120mm cannon on a tank now...hahaha !
Kids don't get a chance to get out and experience things like I used to , hell we were out all day playing war running thru fields and woods getting scratched up and dirty or other adventures without the parents watching.....they didn't shelter us like they do now . You see a playground there is rarely any kids at it and they don't know how to play or interact like we did . It's a real sad state , in twenty years they will have self driving cars so they can play and text on the smart phones or have it telling them what to do .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandson helped me quite a lot over the summer. Square bales, mowing grass, spraying weeds, fencing, etc. He had told me he wanted a rifle.....so, we made a deal. He held up his end fairly well, so I just gave him a Winchester 30-30 lever action. I bet he takes good care of it.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My grandson helped me quite a lot over the summer. Square bales, mowing grass, spraying weeds, fencing, etc. He had told me he wanted a rifle.....so, we made a deal. He held up his end fairly well, so I just gave him a Winchester 30-30 lever action. I bet he takes good care of it.
I'm sure he will and will never forget you for it.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
30-30 is my favorite gun.....I have a fairly good selection of rifles and about the only one i use is the 30-30. 100 yards or 400 yards it is deadly for ground hogs

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My grandpa taught me everything I know about chainsaws and cutting and splitting wood. Spent many a Saturday as a young man at the his farm cutting, splitting, fixing fences, cleaning fence lines etc. Wouldn't have traded it for the world. He is now 91 years old and believe it or not he cut wood with me a year ago last spring. Recent health issues have ended his wood cutting career but he'll still comes out and "supervises" when I'm nearby cutting. The lessons that man taught me are priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had to work for everything growing up i didn't have a phone till i was 20 i was able to afford one then. Bought my first truck when i was 17 it took 4 years of farm work and mowing yards to get it. I wanted to go to college but i couldn't afford it everybody else had nicer things than me in school and i got made fun of in school because i didn't have nice clothes or nice shoes grew up poor and still am.

My mom and dad told me this we don't hate you we love you we will cloth you and feed you and get you through public school but that is that if you want anything else you got to work for it. Still working my ass off to this day 6 years after high school and got nothing to show for it except for a saw i got for christmas from my dad he said i deserve after all the because im the only kid he raised that turned into a responsible adult. My brother is meth head/ pot head who is in state prison right now serving 10 years and my sister doesn't talk to me or call me i have not seen her since 2005.

Seems i turned out fine thanks to my parents but i wish my siblings would have turned out better...............................................................

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to work for everything growing up i didn't have a phone till i was 20 i was able to afford one then. Bought my first truck when i was 17 it took 4 years of farm work and mowing yards to get it. I wanted to go to college but i couldn't afford it everybody else had nicer things than me in school and i got made fun of in school because i didn't have nice clothes or nice shoes grew up poor and still am.

My mom and dad told me this we don't hate you we love you we will cloth you and feed you and get you through public school but that is that if you want anything else you got to work for it. Still working my ass off to this day 6 years after high school and got nothing to show for it except for a saw i got for christmas from my dad he said i deserve after all the because im the only kid he raised that turned into a responsible adult. My brother is meth head/ pot head who is in state prison right now serving 10 years and my sister doesn't talk to me or call me i have not seen her since 2005.

Seems i turned out fine thanks to my parents but i wish my siblings would have turned out better...............................................................

This is the second poorest county in TN. I understand exactly what you are talking about. There are very few good jobs here for a working man or woman. Most are minimum wage jobs with no benefits. It's not easy to get ahead in that environment. Drugs fill the employment gap as folks think they can make some money that way. Sorta like moonshine was years ago.

You need to be damn proud of yourself for staying away from drugs Jake. I've got a few nephews in prison right now......like I said, I really do get it.

You just get here my friend, you ain't gonna sleep in your truck on my watch.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is the second poorest county in TN. I understand exactly what you are talking about. There are very few good jobs here for a working man or woman. Most are minimum wage jobs with no benefits. It's not easy to get ahead in that environment. Drugs fill the employment gap as folks think they can make some money that way. Sorta like moonshine was years ago.

You need to be damn proud of yourself for staying away from drugs Jake. I've got a few nephews in prison right now......like I said, I really do get it.

You just get here my friend, you ain't gonna sleep in your truck on my watch.
i hope chitty chitty bang bang can make it.