High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Pawn Shop & Ebay Chainsaw Buying Experiences?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People some times change their e-bay names .Then if in the past they were less than honest unless you search their profile you would not know who you are dealing with .In addition they don't post users bid names so if it's a bid game instead of buy it now you have no idea who you are biding against .Some have "shills" to jack up the price you know . Before this change I knew a great many by who they actually were and knew how they bid .

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some sellers had some form of a cheater system, they could find out your maximum bid to the penny, had this happen at least 3 times bidding on items where no one bid against me, my first low bid stayed there til close but I got charged for my maximum bid at closing. That is when I stopped bidding on anything from eBay, if it does not have a . Buy it Now, pricing then I don`t buy.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some use a secondary auto bid system that is nearly impossible to out bid I could fire off a last bid with only seconds remaining and still get beat .That was back when you knew who was who .Many were sellers buying for resale .I lost interest in that and now I just " buy it now " with shipping included .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a guy who had a Partner P100 rough as a cob who tried to sell it on here with no luck,even lowered the price and included the shipping .When I asked a few questions about it he got on a huff .I bought the thing for the price he originally asked for from E-Bay and paid the shipping to boot .I got it running ,no big deal .With flea bay and pay pal you will get the assurance you will either get it or a refund .Direct from a forum member you don't have that and you may or may not get satisfaction .Something to think about .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay an example of how things can go awry .I bought my first Mac 125 from a gent who is or was on many forums but when I opened the package there was a Dolmar instead of a big McCulloch ,WTH .I got a hold of the seller who sent the saws out with the wrong shipping labels .I then called the person in northern Minnesota ,dead of winter and minus 30 degrees in that area and explained what happen and we both reshipped the saws to each other . That seller BTW has more than made up for his mistake by shipping me parts at no expense to me over the years so there are honest people out there .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think Ebay screwed themselves probably in the long run. Amazon is taking there market. Hate to say it but Amazon will soon be the international place to sell also. Looks like less problems are coming to the seller. I'm down to give it a try but not with chainsaws at this time.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My daughter,bless her heart bought me a Kindle fire that was supposed to have a log on into Amazon .It never worked for me nor that freakin Kindle .I hated that SOB .I have almost no patience for computer operated stuff you almost need a degree in computer science to operate .I gave that POS to my lady friend .She has an Amazon account and due to the fact we share the same bed among other things I could use her account I suppose .

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My daughter,bless her heart bought me a Kindle fire that was supposed to have a log on into Amazon .It never worked for me nor that freakin Kindle .I hated that SOB .I have almost no patience for computer operated stuff you almost need a degree in computer science to operate .I gave that POS to my lady friend .She has an Amazon account and due to the fact we share the same bed among other things I could use her account I suppose .

A cheap Samsung tablet is 10x more user friendly than than a Kindle.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's the way the damned things are formated that drives me bonkers .The Swedes came of with that "icon" stuff which drove me nuts on ABB robots before I retired .The difference was I got paid well to be frustrated where I don't now on my own stuff . Which I might add is also why I don't have a smart phone not to mention what they cost and how much monthly service is .