High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese saws passing as original on Ebay?

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone want to comment on these two ebay sales? I just happened to catch them in 'completed listings'.

Saw #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/husqvarna-372xpw-chainsaw-with-32-inch-bar-used-20-mins-/322955475859

Low top, only 1 picture, looks brand new, missing OEM stickers (has 372xp recoil sticker), no way to tell if it has a serial tag. Description reads "only used for 20 minutes". I'm dubious.

Saw #2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuilt-re...371-372-24-Oregon-Bar-chain-NICE/182941625110

High top, has plastic wrap on handle bar but no tag, strange non-oem stickers on cylinder cover, 372xp recoil sticker, missing serial tag (as seen in picture 2). Description reads "Rebuilt Husqvarna 372xp used came into the shop needing some attention so we rebuilt it using mostly new parts, some parts are used that did not need replaced. The saw was completely disassembled cleaned and put back together with new parts where needed. Installed new cases, crank bearings, 2 new oil seals, a new aftermarket crankshaft, all new gaskets, a new 50mm Meteor cylinder and piston kit which has a dual caber rings (rings, bearing, clips, and wrist pin all new as well), a new carburetor, new recoil, a new fuel line and filter, a new air filter, new heavy duty felling spike, a new clutch cover, and a new top cover. Also has new handle, tank, and dual port muffler. "

Sounds like everything was replaced, not sure what is left to be "used", or why you would tear down a saw that needed that much replaced? With all the non oem parts in it, can you even call it a Husqvarna?

These saws are selling for $600. I'm just here with my mouth open like whaaaaaaaaaaat?

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would think the people at Stihl would be hopping mad at the Chinese for cloning about everything they make and cheapening the brand.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone want to comment on these two ebay sales? I just happened to catch them in 'completed listings'.

Saw #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/husqvarna-372xpw-chainsaw-with-32-inch-bar-used-20-mins-/322955475859

Low top, only 1 picture, looks brand new, missing OEM stickers (has 372xp recoil sticker), no way to tell if it has a serial tag. Description reads "only used for 20 minutes". I'm dubious.

Saw #2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuilt-re...371-372-24-Oregon-Bar-chain-NICE/182941625110

High top, has plastic wrap on handle bar but no tag, strange non-oem stickers on cylinder cover, 372xp recoil sticker, missing serial tag (as seen in picture 2). Description reads "Rebuilt Husqvarna 372xp used came into the shop needing some attention so we rebuilt it using mostly new parts, some parts are used that did not need replaced. The saw was completely disassembled cleaned and put back together with new parts where needed. Installed new cases, crank bearings, 2 new oil seals, a new aftermarket crankshaft, all new gaskets, a new 50mm Meteor cylinder and piston kit which has a dual caber rings (rings, bearing, clips, and wrist pin all new as well), a new carburetor, new recoil, a new fuel line and filter, a new air filter, new heavy duty felling spike, a new clutch cover, and a new top cover. Also has new handle, tank, and dual port muffler. "

Sounds like everything was replaced, not sure what is left to be "used", or why you would tear down a saw that needed that much replaced? With all the non oem parts in it, can you even call it a Husqvarna?

These saws are selling for $600. I'm just here with my mouth open like whaaaaaaaaaaat?
Did you look at his feedback. Several people have stated they received fake saws! Edit: seller number 2 I'm referring to.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've read that some of these actually have a serial number...the same number.

That is correct. A few years ago one of those outfits spit out a bunch of 365's that all had the same seriel number. I think the last 3 digits were 063 or 093.

Selling fake saws is one thing, but over priced fake saws is crazy. Those saws are over priced for any 372 without a warranty even if OEM parts were used on a rebuild. New 372 PHO can be had for just $100 more. And why use a Meteor kit when the OEM kit costs the same? Assuming it actually is a Meteor kit.

Been saying it for a while now, but there is a dark side to this whole Chinese saw parts thing. Lot's if dishonest stuff going on at all levels. Most guys here won't get fooled and can use those AM parts as they choose and pay legitimate prices for them. AM parts priced fairly have made a lot of what we do in this hobby affordable. Probably even saved a few marriages. LOL But it opens the door for what I call "saw scabs" looking to make some quick money screwing people over.

Last edited:

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old saws rule!

Yes, but sometimes it is nice to have A/V, good parts availability, reduced fuel consumption, and like some say, warranties.

My 372 XT uses less than half as much fuel as my old PM700's do. Don't get me wrong, I do love those old Macs, great exhaust note and you know what is running from over a half mile away. Same goes for old Homelites and Poulans and such. Each sounds different and to a good ear, can be recognized without even seeing the saw.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, but sometimes it is nice to have A/V, good parts availability, reduced fuel consumption, and like some say, warranties.

My 372 XT uses less than half as much fuel as my old PM700's do. Don't get me wrong, I do love those old Macs, great exhaust note and you know what is running from over a half mile away. Same goes for old Homelites and Poulans and such. Each sounds different and to a good ear, can be recognized without even seeing the saw.
I was meaning more in the cloning. lol But I hear ya on the rest for sure.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is one of the funniest threads I've seen on here.
The irony of it all!

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sellers passing off fakes as the real deal to get a big mark up deserve to get a lawfully severe punishment. As for people getting all upset about saws being cloned to each their own. As you start to dig into it you start to find out why its happening like companies selling patents after fulfilling contractual agreements. This is why we never see the newest models cloned.

The biggest but least noticed example of this business practice is Zenoah/redmax. The g450avs, g5000, g5200, g4500, and g3800 are all cloned by various companies in huge numbers and under various names like earthquake, craftsman, remington, blue max, and ryobi. The gz400 and 4000 were cloned by jenn feng mcculloch in Taiwan until husqvarna group bought zenoah for its strato charge patents and jenn feng mcculloch. Thats why you never see those two saws cloned now.

Stihl paid husqvarna for the use of those patents until they developed their own design. Zomax company has its hands on everyone but stihl and is making everything from echo 590 clones too husqvarna xtorq clones.

Last edited: